Vinyl Me Please Essentials

I doubt they have 20k subscribers any more. Most vinyl people I know in real life think decently of them but don’t have a subscription (a number of whom used to). I could see that number being closer to 10k and that’s why there more of a financial squeeze.
i wouldn't be shocked if at the start of the year they had 20k. they got a lot of people to sign up with all those 40% off sales + the freebies deal I bet. Would also bet that many of those customers are gone when it came time to pay "full price", they couldn't predict pressing numbers easily which led to lots of dead stock and now they don't have international customers.

the financial squeeze is probably due to a number of awful financial decisions and stuff being siphoned to the plant + stuff like hiring then firing the mondo dudes after they did like 2 projects, paying for gary salstrom without him actually being a VMP employee, etc.

those 40% off sales were such an awful idea. completely devalued the product for tons of people.

Not sure about other people who've received their copies, but mine had two prominent skips during "Here Today, Gone Tomorrow" and side 2 had so many skips that gave up less than a minute into the second song because it's unlistenable.

If this is a pressing wide situation, perhaps some people dodged a bullet in their disappointment.

Got shipping notice on a replacement, so we'll see...

yea--i think the numbers counted toward billboard have some specific criteria and are not total album sales from VMP. they are trying to get their numbers counted fully i believe toward billboard charts. i also bet it sold way less than 20k. VMP seemed a little disappointed in how it sold IIRC. they thought it would sell more but I think having the 33 be available (and this being not one of her most popular albums) may have affected their sales.

And if you're. a full on money no object audiophile there's a 2x45 one step on the horizon. If you wanted to avoid the obvious choices I'd have gone for the 90's/00's return to form albums, great, never on vinyl and the reissue program is still a couple of years away from them.

Back