Vinyl Me, Please Rock

Thanks, my current subscription ends 6/1 and I do want Black Moses and DMX so was trying to gauge if I skip a month or not. Might just do another 3 months and roll the dice on one. I went crazy on the sales in March.

Thanks, my current subscription ends 6/1 and I do want Black Moses and DMX so was trying to gauge if I skip a month or not. Might just do another 3 months and roll the dice on one. I went crazy on the sales in March.
try listening to the joni mitchell album (hissing of summer lawns) and see if you like it.. if not... alice coltrane transfiguration will be in classics and rock's genres have shaken up so who knows what might be for you

I'm in the same boat for June but am thinking of rolling the dice and letting my sub lapse for at least one month (and hope that Black Moses sticks around) and then jumping on somebody's referral code when I return in August for DMX.

Oh hey, here's my referral link, how did that get there.

It’s cut a little quiet, shame cause I bet it’s great cranked. There’s a little sibilance but I bet that’s on the master. Mine was warped enough on the second side that I pulled out the clamp which took care of it. Shiney ass finger print catching cover.

It’s cut a little quiet, shame cause I bet it’s great cranked. There’s a little sibilance but I bet that’s on the master. Mine was warped enough on the second side that I pulled out the clamp which took care of it. Shiney ass finger print catching cover.
That’s pretty much how the album has always sounded really. Not much in the midrange and the songs sound a little tame. I’ve had original pressings as well as the record store day reissue from awhile back. None have sounded great. It needs to be cranked but it’s not the best sounding record even though the music is timeless. I have no idea what sources were used to originally put the record together back then but the 78 rpm singles I have of a handful of songs absolutely stomp what is on the album. I’d imagine the 45s are equally great too but good luck finding 78s or 45s in anything better than VG condition. Gotta remember that this is a comp and the songs were originally either singles or unreleased material recorded in ‘55 and ‘56.

Is the Clash Rock pick Combat Rock ? because I border on hate with that album. I also have the recent anniversary pressing which was gifted to me. I will secretly PIF it to Europeans but wait to see if they confirm it - may save someone a genre Add on.

Is the Clash Rock pick Combat Rock ? because I border on hate with that album. I also have the recent anniversary pressing which was gifted to me. I will secretly PIF it to Europeans but wait to see if they confirm it - may save someone a genre Add on.
Hasn’t been announced yet. There is a school of thought over on the discord that it will be the Essential pick which is well whackadoo and totally on brand.

Could be, we just know it's not London Calling. The Essentials September ROTM is from the 70s so that one is def not Combat Rock. Probably 50/50 whether it's Ramones or Clash too, not 100% Clash

Back