Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

Cancelled my membership this month and I only have 3 open pre-orders left after I get my September box. If I get two out of three pre-orders I'll consider it a victory whether they actually implode or not.

GD Box, which appears to have been pressed so I'm hopeful here - 90% chance?
D'angelo - Voodoo, which got pushed to November - gonna roll with about a 70% chance on this one
De La Soul - Stakes is High, which I'm considering cancelling because I doubt it's coming on time - putting this one at like a 35% chance

Full disclosure, I have not watched this (currently watching Nothin but a Good Time)

This is an interesting interview. I give kudos to Matt for taking the time to do damage control, being candid, and not side stepping criticisms. There wasn't the usual VMP ego there. The short of it is they admit they took on too much got bloated, and they are now stripping things back to basics. They are aware there are problems.
Rocco tried his best to sell that Gus Cannon at the end. 😉

This is an interesting interview. I give kudos to Matt for taking the time to do damage control, being candid, and not side stepping criticisms. There wasn't the usual VMP ego there. The short of it is they admit they took on too much got bloated, and they are now stripping things back to basics. They are aware there are problems.
Rocco tried his best to sell that Gus Cannon at the end. 😉
I agree, still don’t like Matt. That’s a personal thing.

Also, there are various times he corporate double talks… they definitely over sold Rocket to Russia or they wouldn’t have had to cancel people’s swaps.
I think he was differentiating between semantics of intentionally overselling it vs it happening due to some folks using the 5 tracks to load up on R2R. They haven't figured out how to maintain swaps for non abusive members to have flexibility vs someone probably stocking up to flip a title.

If 10 members are in Essentials track, they likely order 15 copies (fake numbers). However if those 10 members were in 3 tracks and used their other 2 picks to swap for the Essentials pick (x3 per person ), VMP under estimated and under ordered. That makes forecasting difficult. It's within their rules but screws with the logistics.

I think he was differentiating between semantics of intentionally overselling it vs it happening due to some folks using the 5 tracks to load up on R2R. They haven't figured out how to maintain swaps for non abusive members to have flexibility vs someone probably stocking up to flip a title.

If 10 members are in Essentials track, they likely order 15 copies (fake numbers). However if those 10 members were in 3 tracks and used their other 2 picks to swap for the Essentials pick (x3 per person ), VMP under estimated and under ordered. That makes forecasting difficult. It's within their rules but screws with the logistics.

Simple solution though. Say you can only receive one copy of a rotm per month and only let it be swapped for the following month

I would not think they would ever intentionally over sell something. Regardless of the mechanism, there are people who wanted a copy who didn’t get one because they did not allow anyone to swap in to it and cancelled people who were on promo subs. He used that example because it is the most palatable explanation.

Simple solution though. Say you can only receive one copy of a rotm per month and only let it be swapped for the following month
It’s another have your cake and eat it moment for VMP.
They dont want to lose those sales, but don’t want to oversell.
Same with Customer interaction, they want to sell and create fomo via forums, but they dont want any criticism on forums.

Back