Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

He can then join Magnolia Record Club and wonder why every ROTM is either on Dualtone or is Drew Holcolmb.
Naw, they have real shitty curation which makes no sense because Dualtone ran a decent club. Magnolia was a decent club. Dualtone stopped Their club. Eventually Magnolia handed over the reins to Dualtone. The combined sub sucks.

Maybe I’ll help @Hemotep start @Yer Ol' Uncle D ’s Live Music is Better Club.

Last edited:
Gonna be tough paying those lawyer fees or a quarter of a million in severance with the likes of Gus Cannon, Ja Rule and CCR in Q4.

$300 000 at $59, they just need to sell a few 5000 flawless copies copies and a bunch of Vault boxes to have it paid. Then they will start a new campaign subscription with 10 freebies selected by themselves to get rid of the remaining dead stock. Et voilà.
Fresh start. The should also close Discord and start a forum like ours maybe, where they can have a better control of everything. Weird that they never thought about doing this.

I really do think they have shot themselves in the foot with the drop in CS. They have always had quality issues but their CS has always been top notch, fast responses, and resolve issues relatively fast. With this gone and the general drop in quality titles, they really don't have much going for them anymore as far as I'm concerned.

Im on of these people that would have renewed given the option, mainly for the Classics releases which I always enjoy. However, the constant chasing for information is draining and takes away the fun.

Interesting read from 2021 to compare to 2024:
"What stands out to me now looking back at the origin of VMP is the simplicity of what we were trying to do,” he continues. “We were trying to just pick one record a month that we thought would be worth your time and attention, and that was it."

The winning formula. At least we know they are self-aware

Naw, they have real shitty curation which makes no sense because Dualtone ran a decent club. Magnolia was a decent club. Dualtone stopped Their club. Eventually Magnolia handed over the reins to Dualtone. The combined sub sucks.

Maybe I’ll help @Hemotep start @Yer Ol' Uncle D ’s Live Music is Better Club.
If I go back to any club it will be to Magnolia since I can usually find something in their swaps that I like even it is Needtobreathe.

Storf let us know the warehouse says stuff will all be out today. 🙄

He also said it wasn’t just the holiday but that a bunch of stuff showed up and they wanted to get it out. And in retrospect they should have just sent the rotms (ya think?) 🙄🙄

He also guarantees that we’ll all get our September boxes before we get our October boxes. 🙄🙄🙄

Also kind of sounds like the by the twentieth thing went effect immediately, instead of going forward. 🙄🙄🙄🙄

In conclusion and TLDR: 🤡🤡

"What stands out to me now looking back at the origin of VMP is the simplicity of what we were trying to do,” he continues. “We were trying to just pick one record a month that we thought would be worth your time and attention, and that was it."

The winning formula. At least we know they are self-aware
3 young guys as founders, all in their 20s with no prior management or corporate leadership experience at the C-level, suddenly were trying to run a large scale international business with heavy volume during COVID. As a result, they ran into a lot of headaches from the scope being beyond their experience.

3 young guys as founders, all in their 20s with no prior management or corporate leadership experience at the C-level, suddenly were trying to run a large scale international business with heavy volume during COVID. As a result, they ran into a lot of headaches from the scope being beyond their experience.
They all had seven years experience at that point. They got through lockdown fine, it was expansion after that fucked them.

Personally I think it went south way before Covid. They have been making same mistakes from Year 3 at least.

A number of staff appear to have made quick exits.
IT issues all the way
Late packages
QS issues
Always been touchy on criticism - See Forum then Reddit and eventually even Discord.

Back