Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

VMP transitioned to a new web store without beta testing during the busiest shopping season on the year. Apparently because their front end store isn’t compatible with their back end/logistics, people who ordered several copies of Mobb Deep received several times the number of copies they ordered. Now VMP is asking them to mail them back.

Please don't forget that they also chose to do the Fiona drop during this fiasco

Storf asked the guy with the 20 extra albums to send them back, which just redirects the responsibility to that poor bastard, as if these 20 albums are going to solve the problem. All it does is lay the responsibility on this guy's shoulders while everyone attacks his moral compass. Really fucking slimy. Everyone sees those 20 albums as THEIR album.

On top of that, I don't trust VMP to send me my stuff undamaged. I sure as fuck wouldn't want it sent to someone else and back first, even if they did release these to those who paid. And, of course, no email regarding this and no email regarding any of the other changes from one months being squashed to swap limitations. These motherfuckers are half "Ask forgiveness rather than permission" and half "I've altered the deal, pray that I don't alter it further"

Last edited:
Storf asked the guy with the 20 extra albums to send them back, which just redirects the responsibility to that poor bastard, as if these 20 albums are going to solve the problem. All it does is lay the responsibility on this guy's shoulders while everyone attacks his moral compass. Really fucking slimy. Everyone sees those 20 albums and THEIR album.

On top of that, I don't trust VMP to send me my stuff undamaged. I sure as fuck wouldn't want it sent to someone else and back first, even if they did release these to those who paid. And, of course, no email regarding this and no email regarding any of the other changes from one months being squashed to swap limitations. These motherfuckers are half "Ask forgiveness rather than permission" and half "I've altered the deal, pray that I don't alter it further"

Yeah I saw that thread, it was funny. I was laughing at the fool who was repeatedly telling you off for telling the guy he was perfectly entitled to, and probably should, keep the records.

The people who were sent the
records in error have no obligation to return them. This is from VMP’s current site

View attachment 24518

Watch them get rid of this next, removing another layer of customer care.

They can’t. Law dictates that you can keep them in the kind of situation where they send you out multiples of the same record. You’re not allowed to send something unsolicited out and demand payment or return. With the wrong one I suppose they could demand a return before sending the correct one out but that seems to be a legally grey area.

Back