Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

I don’t think anyone does. My comment was purely about whether pulling her into the conversation here, where it will be preserved indefinitely, is a good look for this site.

She entered this conversation when she commented on the ig post. I linked to see if it was really his wife or just a joke and, when I clicked on her profile image -- since I'm still a dummy and forget it won't enlarge, but generate a story -- saw the contempt that her household has for the collective customer base, which she views as unappreciative and cruel. When she mentions scrappiness, she seems to paint the customers and the "damage" they cause as the only real obstacle, rather than the choices of VMP, which she writes off as understandable goofs. But, most importantly, she personally stated that she wanted to deliver that message to every individual "negative" commenter being critical of their company. By posting that here, it's been delivered.

It's just a comment in a thread in a section of a forum. It's not a reddit post or any call to action against her, so I don't think it's wrong for us to see it and, apparently, she doesn't either. According to her, she wanted us to.

Like I said before, I wouldn't personally contact her, but I don't think commenting on her statements about us is out of line.

Last edited:
She entered this conversation when she commented on the ig post. I linked to see if it was really his wife or just a joke and, when I clicked on her profile image -- since I'm still a dummy and forget it wom't enlarge, but generate a story -- saw the contempt that her household has for the collective customer base, which she views as unappreciative and cruel. When she mentions scrappiness, she seems to paint the customers and the "damage" they cause as the only real obstacle, rather than the choices of VMP, which she writes off as understandable goofs. But, most importantly, she personally stated that she wanted to deliver that message to every individual "negative" commenter being critical of their company. By posting that here, it's been delivered.

It's just a comment in a thread in a section of a forum. It's not a reddit post or any call to action against her, so I don't think it's wrong for us to see it and, apparently, she doesn't either. According to her, she wanted us to.
I think the real disgusting flex of privilege is where she complains that their holiday was ruined because Matt had to work to fix this.

What about the holidays of the paying customers, many of whom were relying on their missing merchandise as gifts? What about the warehouse workers and support staff that presumably had to "work around the clock" to cover for the ineptness of the c-suite?

Ok news for those staying on , but vmp has Pauly and Shane? Using a bucket to rid water out of the sinking ship and VMP is like, hey the bar will hopefully in about a month or so (and it’s cash only)

BUCKETS!!

The same 2 is my guess. Maybe they should be investing in more buckets

I think the real disgusting flex of privilege is where she complains that their holiday was ruined because Matt had to work to fix this.

What about the holidays of the paying customers, many of whom were relying on their missing merchandise as gifts? What about the warehouse workers and support staff that presumably had to "work around the clock" to cover for the ineptness of the c-suite?
Yeah if she’s talking thanksgiving, I mean go have dinner. A few hours wouldn’t have fixed it. If she’s referring to Christmas , then she’s trippin’ as there was ample time to get a solid game plan in place.

Fair enough. Agree to disagree on this one. Like I said, I don’t think anybody did anything objectively wrong here, just my opinion about it. In the end, she didn’t respond to every commenter who complained, and her message was broadcast only to her 700 followers; it was an inadvisable message, but anybody who expected her not to stand by her man would have been disappointed. Since she’s not commenting as a representative of VMP, and isn’t responsible for VMP’s decisions, it’s only noteworthy because the people who do, and are, never weigh in.

I mean... we're discussing it either way. If that's the issue and the mere discussion of it is the problem, we're still doing that.

My outlook is simple. Someone made a statement about us and I let people know about it. I felt compelled to comment here rather than on her page to separate the 2. It kind of ends there for me. If that's terrible or over the line, I guess that's where our perspectives will have to differ.

I do want to point out that it's also incredibly subjective, because her message is about how these comments and responses toward VMP are affecting her family and uncalled for. That could be interpreted as a positive message for people on here to hear and acknowledge to achieve that aim of providing a different perspective. The only reason it's being viewed negatively at all on here is because it's landing different for so many of us and we don't really buy it. If it rang true, we could use it. It doesn't, so its existence reads like we're mocking her, but that eye roll is in our own respective minds, not in simply posting her public statement.

Either it isn't a negative message at all, so she isn't really "on blast," or it is kind of a shitty sentiment, and we're simply aware that it's been made.

Again, my comments aren't about her and I'd expect that support from a spouse. I just can't feel bad for Matt and his need for more time.

I'd still argue that her comments are a reflection of the outlook of the CEO toward the customers, because she's being shown these tickets and dms through his lens and narrative. That's the insight that I took from it, because it reinforces what I'm seeing reflected elsewhere in their actions. But while I believe she has the wrong take, I still have nothing negative to say about her as an individual and wouldn't want to bring anything to her doorstep. I care about moms.

I don't need to discuss it anymore. I'm mostly just responding to clarify how I'm viweing it and my own intentions at this point, anyway. It's not even really about her at all.

I mean... we're discussing it either way. If that's the issue and the mere discussion of it is the problem, we're still doing that.

My outlook is simple. Someone made a statement about us and I let people know about it. I felt compelled to comment here rather than on her page to separate the 2. It kind of ends there for me. If that's terrible or over the line, I guess that's where our perspectives will have to differ.

I do want to point out that it's also incredibly subjective, because her message is about how these comments and responses toward VMP are affecting her family and uncalled for. That could be interpreted as a positive message for people on here to hear and acknowledge to achieve that aim of providing a different perspective. The only reason it's being viewed negatively at all on here is because it's landing different for so many of us and we don't really buy it. If it rang true, we could use it. It doesn't, so its existence reads like we're mocking her, but that eye roll is in our own respective minds, not in simply posting her public statement.

Either it isn't a negative message at all, so she isn't really "on blast," or it is kind of a shitty sentiment, and we're simply aware that it's been made.

Again, my comments aren't about her and I'd expect that support from a spouse. I just can't feel bad for Matt and his need for more time.

I'd still argue that her comments are a reflection of the outlook of the CEO toward the customers, because she's being shown these tickets and dms through his lens and narrative. That's the insight that I took from it, because it reinforces what I'm seeing reflected elsewhere in their actions. But while I believe she has the wrong take, I still have nothing negative to say about her as an individual and wouldn't want to bring anything to her doorstep. I care about moms.

I don't need to discuss it anymore. I'm mostly just responding to clarify how I'm viweing it and my own intentions at this point, anyway. It's not even really about her at all.

I have spent too much of my morning worrying about whomever it was that tried to call me out about ignoring Ricaud.

I am two minutes to midnight on this whole thing. I would actually save money if I quit VMP and all its associated BS.

Back