What's Spinning

My collection #615-616

Van Morrison - Tupelo Honey
The Truth Is A Lie: American Soul Music 1955-72

One of Van The Man's best, and the third instalment of this superior series of deep soul compilations.

20200617_203045.jpg

20200617_211320.jpg

Edit: this song just came on and its one of the great deep soul songs, and still sadly true for today

Last edited:
Future - Honest (A1, 2020 VMP R&HH Pressing)

You win some, you lose some. The majority of the R&HH sub for me consists of artists I'm not familiar with and more often than not I'm impressed and they get regular spins. With this one though.....I can already tell it won't be played that much. Just not my thing unfortunately. Still, the pressing sounds good and the colour choice is more imaginative than others.

IMG_8333.JPG

Well, the good news is I'm stepping away for a bit after this one to go get food so the turntable can rest for a bit. But don't worry, I'll probably be back later tonight 😅
View attachment 52460

Keep at it! I’m loving seeing you back in here catching up on all your backlog!

Im done for today but I’ll likely be back spinning while I’m working tomorrow and again in the evening, missed this evening with the football finally being back...

The agutierrezb 2019 record collection challenge

So I've decided to embark on my own personal challenge, which consists of listening every record in my collection before the end of the year. My record collection is not that big -only ~250-, but I still feel like there are a bunch of records I don't give enough attention to, while still adding more titles to my shelves.

For this reason I've set a couple of rules in order to play every record at least once before December 31st: I'll play at least one record a day, going from front to back in the way I have them sorted in my shelf. I can play a different record (i.e. Not the next one in alphabetical order) if I feel like listening to something else in any given moment, but at least one of the records I spin in the day has to be the LP in turn.

I didn't take pictures for the first two days, but I'll try to document the process from here on, so I'll be posting daily on this thread. Wish me luck!
#220: Radiohead - A Moon Shaped Pool

#221: Lou Reed - The Blue Mask

IMG_20200615_070815.jpg

This record is definitely one I wouldn't have reached out for by myself, since I've never been a fan of LR. However, I'm very thankful with @Murfocakes for picking this album, since there is something about it that I enjoy a lot. It is one of my favorite picks from the first year of the N&G Record Club.

Back