What's Spinning

Fiona Apple ‎– When The Pawn
Epic/Clean Slate ‎– 88985415301, 1999/2020

Cut by Ian Sefchick at Capitol Mastering
Pressed at GZ

hoNrXr.jpg

YHiONe.jpg

How do you like this pressing Gap?! I've got mine on the way and can't wait to spin it! I'm hoping it's an improvement over the standard pressing! 🤞
I think it was maybe a bit better than the black, but not to a huge degree. For whatever reason, the vocals on "gec 2 Ü" sound really distorted, and it's not intentional gecs distortion, it seems to just be an issue with the pressing. The fact that both copies I've owned are like that suggest it's not an isolated issue. Or maybe I just got unlucky, who knows ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Aside from that, my copy sounds pretty good, very quiet and clear, just wish the quality was consistent throughout instead of dropping off for the final track on the album.

I think it was maybe a bit better than the black, but not to a huge degree. For whatever reason, the vocals on "gec 2 Ü" sound really distorted, and it's not intentional gecs distortion, it seems to just be an issue with the pressing. The fact that both copies I've owned are like that suggest it's not an isolated issue. Or maybe I just got unlucky, who knows ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Aside from that, my copy sounds pretty good, very quiet and clear, just wish the quality was consistent throughout instead of dropping off for the final track on the album.
Nice to hear the pressing is at least a bit better, and is quiet! I actually do know what you mean with the vocals being distorted on “gec 2 Ü”! I remember last time I played the album, the vocals weren’t that clear, but it wasn’t too bad for me! I’m looking forward to getting this pressing though! It looks great, and it’s nice to have a sweet colour variant of this classic! 👍

Can’t wait to see the pressing for the remix album as well! That ‘ghostly green’ colour variant was one of the coolest variants I’ve ever seen as a mock-up! 😍👻🌳

Back