What's Spinning

So is this box worth seeking out?

I'm loving it, I'm sure you would too. I hung around watching it until it dropped to £100 which I think is a bargain. The presses have all been clean, discs all flat, standard paper inners but nice UK style laminated flipback sleeves for each one except the Legacy extra album which is an Atlantic branded brown cardboard sleeve. If you can get it at a similar price I'd highly recommend it. I think it'll probably be the only time I sit down and listen to a bunch of them in sequence this way but each album is worth owning IMO.

My next pursuit is going to be to research and procure the best possible Beatles collection that I can afford. Until I’ve had time to properly research, the Red and Blue albums will hold me over. View attachment 12442

The mono box set is a thing of beauty ..I’ve also been slowly buying up stereo pressings from the 70’s or 80’s when I’ve seen them at a reasonable prices (around £5-£8) and managed to get a complete studio albums set . I also really enjoyed buying the compilations that are vinyl only ..love songs, rock n roll music, etc .. I think I’m only missing Hey Jude and the Beatles at the movies compilations now ..Mad to see Beatles releases on budget lines like Fame and MFP

Last edited:
My next pursuit is going to be to research and procure the best possible Beatles collection that I can afford. Until I’ve had time to properly research, the Red and Blue albums will hold me over. View attachment 12442
That's gonna be a fun quest :) My one tip on standard stereo pressings, if that factors into your rules, would be any 80's Parlophone UK pressings, they sound fantastic and aren't terribly expensive ;)

That's gonna be a fun quest :) My one tip on standard stereo pressings, if that factors into your rules, would be any 80's Parlophone UK pressings, they sound fantastic and aren't terribly expensive ;)
70s UK Abbey Road cuts are generally great and affordable as well. That's what I went with after giving up on a release happening similar to the mono reissues.

Someone posted this during the initial DD Sale and I had never seen it before, The Wall is one of my all time favorite albums so I bought it blindly based on some of the names playing on this release..............STELLAR HOMAGE TO THE ORIGINAL!!

Still available for $9.50, go grab it :)

The Wall (Redux) - Various
Magnetic Eye Records [MER060] - 2018
View attachment 12470

i like this a lot, too.

hilarious to me and in very melvins fashion, they sing the lyrics to blondie’s ‘in the flesh’ instead of the real lyrics on their version of the song.

Back