What's Spinning

This isn't an album I really like all that much, certainly not a go-to for Cars if I get that hankering...but I picked it up a while ago anyway, just in case it sold out like the self titled...it hasn't for a reason I suppose. Such a drop off from the debut album - when almost every track was a banger...this one has one decent track and not much else.

The Cars – Candy-O
Rhino Records – RHF1 507, 1979/2024

Rhino High Fidelity series, limited/numbered to 5000, #3194

Cut by Kevin Gray at Cohearent Audio
Pressed at Optimal

qM0hSGC.jpg

m8Rfo10.jpg

Sun Ra and his Arkestra - Jazz in Silhouette (expanded edition)

This is a very nice looking package and sounds sublime. I pre-ordered it on Amazon and it got delayed a few times but by the time they shipped it to me the price had dropped to $16. It's unfortunately no longer available from them, but keep your eyes open for a restock. Worth it even at full price.

Edit: Paul Gold cut this one. I'm not familiar with him and can't get it to show me what he's done on discogs, but he did great work on this.

IMG20240709092613.jpg

Last edited:
Sun Ra and his Arkestra - Jazz in Silhouette (expanded edition)

This is a very nice looking package and sounds sublime. I pre-ordered it on Amazon and it got delayed a few times but by the time they shipped it to me the price had dropped to $16. It's unfortunately no longer available from them, but keep your eyes open for a restock. Worth it even at full price.

View attachment 207968
That brass donut is gonna chip a tooth.

Back