What's Spinning

View attachment 208582
Johnny Blue Skies - Passage Du Desir

Will report back.
@tvham @Diary of a Diapery Baby and anyone else interested

Jeff Powell lacquers, MRP pressing

Not bad. Vinyl is flatish.

Mastering is nice. Detailed and lush, I noticed things I had not noticed in the ten listens prior to tonight’s listen. There is some surface noise but never distracting and this was a headphone listen so you know probably not prominent at all through loudspeakers. A solid B+

Here’s a nifty one:
IMG_9396.jpeg
Sinful Savage Tigers - Last Night of the Revels

Had a weird itch the other day and searched out an old article in a local newspaper about the NC roots/americana movement that spawned around the Avetts. This was how I came to start listening to Bombadil.

Anyhow it talks about a bunch of bands I dig, Chatham County Line and Mandolin Orange.

So these guys used to play shows with the Avetts. Anyhow, Andrew Marlin from Mandolin Orange is in this band. I’m not sure if the band predates Mandolin Orange or not, this album came out after Mandolin Orange’s first album.

Found a copy of this for sale on Amazon of all places.

They sound like the Avetts without all the punk rock posturing. My wife asked if it was the Avetts. Pretty fun listen.

I listened to my '73 UK OG before listening to this remix and the simplest thing to say is it's much "cleaner". On it's own, it's a really nice pressing, sounds great, but I think it falls victim to the same thing some other remixes have. Where the original is a little raw/rough on purpose and the remix just cleans it up to a point that it does sound like a completely different recording. That said, this falls into the preference category because they both sound great on there own, which one is "better" is up to the individual. As for the outtakes, I love them, made the purchase worthwhile, but I'm a sucker for those sorts of things and glad I picked it up :)

John LennonMind Games
Lenono Music [0602458993288] - 2024
WhatsSpinning.jpg

Back