What's Spinning

ooooooh, count me interested
Yeah, I purchased one of their albums. Then two of their albums then all of their albums and then the box set which made the 4 studio albums a bit redundant. I need to finish culling my collection first.
IMG_6465.jpeg
I have almost 3 of these containers plus two wooden fruit crates full. I still have to finish pulling N-R but I am closing in.

Yeah, I purchased one of their albums. Then two of their albums then all of their albums and then the box set which made the 4 studio albums a bit redundant. I need to finish culling my collection first.
View attachment 209498
I have almost 3 of these containers plus two wooden fruit crates full. I still have to finish pulling N-R but I am closing in.
Glad you have an assistant to help you

View attachment 209498
I thought you might end up with the box set! And good work on the culling, doing a little myself.

It’s been an adventure. It feels nice to have reclaimed a bit of floor space back from the stacks and hopefully I will have everything back contained in the wall of Kallax where they belong.
I'm taking one milk crate in to a local to see if it's worth it vs slowly selling on the cogs. I'm guessing it will. I've heard they pay a little better than most of the stores in town. If it's worth it, I'll probably trim out another crate. Would like to get the shelves with some open spaces, and these boxes off the floor. And use the money for a turntable upgrade.

I'm taking one milk crate in to a local to see if it's worth it vs slowly selling on the cogs. I'm guessing it will. I've heard they pay a little better than most of the stores in town. If it's worth it, I'll probably trim out another crate. Would like to get the shelves with some open spaces, and these boxes off the floor. And use the money for a turntable upgrade.
Last time I went in with 100 albums and I made $1,250 in cash and $250 in trade. I hope to trade in around 400 albums this time. Hopefully the payout per album will be about the same.

View attachment 209498
The whole point of my collection playthrough was to do this, but I’ve ended up culling probably fewer than 10 records so far. I guess it’s a good thing I’m enjoying all the stuff I have, but records do take up so much damn space.

That's not bad at all. I could live with $15 an album in a trade/cash split of some way.

Are you going to put yours up on here before taking them in?
I held some back for PIFs but other than that I am just gonna try to trade them all. It’s the best way to get them to take everything for a good price. Sure, I am gonna give them a $300 record for $15 but they are also gonna take a bunch of $1 records and give me $15 a pop for each so it kinda evens out. Plus most the really expensive stuff I purchased at retail so it’s not like I am really out a bunch of money.

I do make it a point to point out the premium albums too so he knows I know what I have.

The whole point of my collection playthrough was to do this, but I’ve ended up culling probably fewer than 10 records so far. I guess it’s a good thing I’m enjoying all the stuff I have, but records do take up so much damn space.
I was afraid to do that as it would make it much harder to part with some stuff if I just enjoyed it.

Back