What's Spinning

I held some back for PIFs but other than that I am just gonna try to trade them all. It’s the best way to get them to take everything for a good price. Sure, I am gonna give them a $300 record for $15 but they are also gonna take a bunch of $1 records and give me $15 a pop for each so it kinda evens out. Plus most the really expensive stuff I purchased at retail so it’s not like I am really out a bunch of money.

I do make it a point to point out the premium albums too so he knows I know what I have.
That's a good way to look at it. Good luck!

The whole point of my collection playthrough was to do this, but I’ve ended up culling probably fewer than 10 records so far. I guess it’s a good thing I’m enjoying all the stuff I have, but records do take up so much damn space.
Honestly it's mostly Jazz stuff I'll get rid of. I bought a bit too much with all the deals that were flying around, and I just don't need that much. If I have a cube or two of Jazz I'm good, and I probably have 6. If anyone is looking for jazz at a good price, hit me up :)

I'm taking one milk crate in to a local to see if it's worth it vs slowly selling on the cogs. I'm guessing it will. I've heard they pay a little better than most of the stores in town. If it's worth it, I'll probably trim out another crate. Would like to get the shelves with some open spaces, and these boxes off the floor. And use the money for a turntable upgrade.
I've had good lucky lately with Facebook Marketplace, price things a little cheaper than Discogs but no fees and if people pick up in person you don't have to deal w PayPal G&S and shipping

Honestly it's mostly Jazz stuff I'll get rid of. I bought a bit too much with all the deals that were flying around, and I just don't need that much. If I have a cube or two of Jazz I'm good, and I probably have 6. If anyone is looking for jazz at a good price, hit me up :)
Pretty much in the same boat. I bought almost every Blue Note 80/Classic and Tone Poet release for the first 2-3 years and now rarely listen to them

I had over 100 Jazz and 100 Country albums. Both those are gonna be cut in half after this. Still probably too much but it’s been a process. I have a tough time letting go.

I was afraid to do that as it would make it much harder to part with some stuff if I just enjoyed it.
The one really nice thing about it is that it’s cut back my buying of new stuff a ton. I think because I always have a plan for what to listen to and I’m not always chasing something new. I started in January 2022 and have added fewer than 100 records since then. The end of the pandemic and stupid vinyl prices have also helped, though.

Pretty much in the same boat. I bought almost every Blue Note 80/Classic and Tone Poet release for the first 2-3 years and now rarely listen to them
That’s the thing. They are excellent albums pressed well sound great but I just don’t play them.

It’s like owning a bunch of really nice suits, they are perfectly tailored and make me look great and at some point I might want wear one so I hold on to them but in reality the suits take up a ton of space in the closet and I spend most my time living my life in T-Shirts, Patagonia Baggies, and Crocs.

Back