What's Spinning

Dinosaur Jr - Farm

Much better than the standard pressing that I went through multiple copies of before giving up on getting a clean copy. Disc one sounds very nice and is flat and dynamic. Disc two has an edge warp that's just a little worse than mild and it's quieter (?). I had to turn the volume up a couple notches to maintain the same listening level as disc one. Very strange. It still sounds much better than the previous pressings, no surface noise, and better than nearly anything put out on vinyl by the folks at Jagjagwar, but this second disc is a small irritant.

IMG20240823141713.jpg

I don’t remember a cover of landslide being on the cd? And honestly? I don’t like it at all…
It was on the US CD but looks like maybe not the EU. But, does that mean you haven't heard the song at all before? If not, you should definitely check out Pisces Iscariot, the great early B-sides comp. Lots of tracks better than Landslide on that one, but that's at least where it originated.

It was on the US CD but looks like maybe not the EU. But, does that mean you haven't heard the song at all before? If not, you should definitely check out Pisces Iscariot, the great early B-sides comp. Lots of tracks better than Landslide on that one, but that's at least where it originated.

I can’t remember hearing it, I did have a cd of Pisces Iscariot in my 20s but I’ll be honest in saying that it wasn’t my most listened to. With this track Stevie is very close to being one of my favourite vocalists of all time and Billy just can’t carry it.

I can’t remember hearing it, I did have a cd of Pisces Iscariot in my 20s but I’ll be honest in saying that it wasn’t my most listened to. With this track Stevie is very close to being one of my favourite vocalists of all time and Billy just can’t carry it.
Yeah, it's definitely not a great version (it's just basically Billy karaoke because he doesn't add anything and sings it straight). I think it probably did help introduce FM to the grunge kids, though. I can't remember if that was the first version of the song I heard, but probably was.

Back