What's Spinning

Folks don't usually insert Joe Jackson in the conversation when discussing artists who can pull off diverse styles but he oughta be included. Punk, new wave, jazz, big band - he can hit it all.

View attachment 1993

Joe Jackson has a number of excellent albums. Been wanting to get ‘Big World’ out for another spin. Always a good listen.

‘Big World’ made press when it came out for a couple reasons (besides the great music). First, it was a 3 sided vinyl release. Rare at the time but forced with the new CD format pushing album length beyond what a traditional single vinyl could hold. And 2nd, the recording style. It was recorded live but with the threat of removing anyone from the audience who made noise.

Al Green - Lets Stay Together

Nowhere near the level of Call Me but considering it’s origins this is actually a really nice sounding record!

View attachment 1875

View attachment 1876
Given my other Al Green records from Fat Possum and the honestly below average quality of the Peebles VMP Record, I was quite surprised at how good this one sounds. The Call Me is next level brilliant sounding though. It’s a prize in the collection.

Given my other Al Green records from Fat Possum and the honestly below average quality of the Peebles VMP Record, I was quite surprised at how good this one sounds. The Call Me is next level brilliant sounding though. It’s a prize in the collection.

Yeah I was lucky to get the super deal with the Pure Pleasure ones of other two Al Green so this is the worst sounding of my 4 Al Green albums, Call Me Being the best by a distance. That said you are right it’s miles better than the Peebles!

Back