What's Spinning

Folks don't usually insert Joe Jackson in the conversation when discussing artists who can pull off diverse styles but he oughta be included. Punk, new wave, jazz, big band - he can hit it all.

View attachment 1993

The blank D side of this record also makes for a great way to test your anti-skate ;)

I'll be honest, I found it in a dollar bin really clean and bought it for anti-skate purposes. I guess I should actually listen to the music!

Such an awesome album cover! I have to check this out now.

Third or fourth time through this already since finally getting it in the mail the other day. It's fantastic. Seriously, if you have any interest in this or are a Leonard fan, let me know and I'll send you the mp3s.

Various Artists - The Songs of Leonard Cohen Covered

View attachment 2083
This has an amazing cover done by Father John Misty. Need to get my hands on this.

R.L. Burnside - Long Distance Call: Europe 1982 (Fat Possum Records, FP1561-1, RSD2017)

View attachment 2073

This hasn’t seen the light of day since RSD2017 so I’m making it my inaugural spin through my new phono amp. Sounds great despite the customary Fat Possum lacklustre pressing quality.
Noice, MoFi Phono? If so it made the biggest noticeable difference until I changed speakers

Back