XenForo 2.3

On top of the page selector at the top of the page, would it be possible to format hyperlinks the way they were before? Currently they show up just as plain text, which is problematic from an accessibility perspective and makes it difficult to know what is a link and what isn't.

Which lines are you referring to specifically?
Seemingly all plain text links that don't generate an image preview thing, like Amazon or Instagram or whatever sometimes do. For example (first one I found today):

1.jpg2.jpg

"The Doors | Dallas 1970" is a hyperlink, but a reader would only know that if their cursor hovers above that (as in image 2); otherwise it just appears as plain text. That's obviously impossible on mobile.

Seemingly all plain text links that don't generate an image preview thing, like Amazon or Instagram or whatever sometimes do. For example (first one I found today):

View attachment 210098View attachment 210099

"The Doors | Dallas 1970" is a hyperlink, but a reader would only know that if their cursor hovers above that (as in image 2); otherwise it just appears as plain text. That's obviously impossible on mobile.

I hadn't noticed this on my phone which is in dark mode and had a distinctive text for links, but when I was on my laptop last night I could see what people were talking about, in that I couldn't see plain text links.

I hadn't noticed this on my phone which is in dark mode and had a distinctive text for links, but when I was on my laptop last night I could see what people were talking about, in that I couldn't see plain text links.
I use day mode a lot during, you know, the day, and you can’t see the links there. I had not noticed the dark mode thing until I checked just now based on your post.
IMG_9839.pngIMG_9838.png

We are excited to announce the upcoming release of XenForo 2.4, bringing you exciting new features and improvements!

While XenForo 3.0 continues to be developed behind the scenes, we've decided to harness the team's enthusiasm and momentum to deliver an interim update that will enhance your XenForo experience sooner than you might have expected. This approach allows us to provide you with valuable improvements without waiting for the full style overhaul that 3.0 will bring.

XenForo 2.4 will focus on quality-of-life enhancements for admins, moderators, and users alike. We're dedicated to making these improvements while minimizing backwards compatibility issues, ensuring a smooth upgrade process for all our customers. As we have done with previous releases, we will be looking towards popular suggestions when finalizing the feature set.

While we don't yet have a full feature-set to announce, we are excited to reveal that XenForo 2.4 will feature a new rich-text editor powered by Tiptap. This was originally slated for XenForo 3.0 but it makes sense to get this into your hands sooner rather than later.

We are currently targeting a release between Q4 2024 and Q1 2025. To keep you engaged and informed throughout the development process, we'll be sharing Have you seen...? posts more frequently. Traditionally, these posts would be saved up until the end of the development cycle. We will now be publishing them sporadically as development completes on each feature. This will give you earlier insights into new features and allow us to incorporate your valuable feedback more efficiently.

Our team has long recognized the value of more frequent software updates. While we haven't always met this goal in the past, XenForo 2.4 represents a step towards shorter release cycles. We're aiming to provide updates more regularly, allowing us to deliver improvements and new features in a much more timely fashion. This approach should help us evolve the software more consistently, better addressing the needs of you, our customers, and your users.

We appreciate your ongoing support and will be sharing more details about XenForo 2.4 in the coming months. We look forward to your feedback throughout this process.

Feel free to join in the discussion here: https://xenforo.com/community/threa...complaints-random-off-topic-posts-etc.225303/

Wow, 2.2 was with us for like 3 years and 2.3 hasn't even been here 6 months yet.

Back