Bandbox: an uncompensated review of an interesting new club

Vinyl box existed in the UK before. Went bust and owed people records then reappeared with this old bandbox stock. The same guy who was in charge of the previous company, Oli Belo, is in charge of the relaunched company. They charged previous subscribers (who they didn’t fulfill orders for) using their old details. So I’ll not hear any bad talk about Storf and the gang.

Dean Wareham's Bandbox update -

"...for those of you who ordered the live Luna albums (notably Live Rendezvous) from Bandbox but did not receive them, I have been told – by the owner of the pressing plant in Athens, Georgia – that all Bandbox physical assets, including thousands of LPs, were assigned at the bankruptcy proceedings to a company named VNYL, who say that they are going to fill the orders. Last week the Rendezvous LPs were sitting on a pallet waiting to be picked up by VNYL. We know nothing about this company, we hope they fill the orders but at this point it is beyond our control."

Dean Wareham's Bandbox update -

"...for those of you who ordered the live Luna albums (notably Live Rendezvous) from Bandbox but did not receive them, I have been told – by the owner of the pressing plant in Athens, Georgia – that all Bandbox physical assets, including thousands of LPs, were assigned at the bankruptcy proceedings to a company named VNYL, who say that they are going to fill the orders. Last week the Rendezvous LPs were sitting on a pallet waiting to be picked up by VNYL. We know nothing about this company, we hope they fill the orders but at this point it is beyond our control."
Was just coming to post this. Fingers crossed

Vinylbox’s selections for this month. All are old Bandbox stock (the Superchunk never got released) so this is the company (with VNYL) that bought the bandbox stock. There is obviously zero chance that they will get their old bandbox orders to customers. Check reviews for VinylBox themselves, they went under a year ago, did not fulfill most orders, then reappeared about 3 or 4 months ago with the same people in charge and did not fulfill the orders from before.

Attachments

• IMG_0260.png
    IMG_0260.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 21
Vinylbox’s selections for this month. All are old Bandbox stock (the Superchunk never got released) so this is the company (with VNYL) that bought the bandbox stock. There is obviously zero chance that they will get their old bandbox orders to customers. Check reviews for VinylBox themselves, they went under a year ago, did not fulfill most orders, then reappeared about 3 or 4 months ago with the same people in charge and did not fulfill the orders from before.
acoording to0 mreddit they also offered other ex-bandbox-titles last month

but someone wrote to them and got this reply.
I finally heard back today with this message:

"Thank you for reaching out to us. We are currently working on a process for all previous BandBox subscribers. Please be assured we'll notify you once we have an update from the team.Kind regards,Kalvin 🎶

Back