Bandbox: an uncompensated review of an interesting new club

Vinylbox’s selections for this month. All are old Bandbox stock (the Superchunk never got released) so this is the company (with VNYL) that bought the bandbox stock. There is obviously zero chance that they will get their old bandbox orders to customers. Check reviews for VinylBox themselves, they went under a year ago, did not fulfill most orders, then reappeared about 3 or 4 months ago with the same people in charge and did not fulfill the orders from before.
Where are the lawyers at in here??

I emailed them the other day actually to see if there were any updates and it was radio silence…

Well knowing how they couldn’t even provide VinylBox titles that were already paid for to their own customers I doubt they will give titles paid for that they have seen no money from.

Well knowing how they couldn’t even provide VinylBox titles that were already paid for to their own customers I doubt they will give titles paid for that they have seen no money from.
Well I’m pretty sure it was part of the sales deal…so I imagine people could hold their feet to the flame a bit. I’ll give them a little time because it was something like 8,000 orders they have to sort through and according to that pressing plant dude on Reddit, the pressed records were only mailed to them a few weeks ago

Well I’m pretty sure it was part of the sales deal…so I imagine people could hold their feet to the flame a bit. I’ll give them a little time because it was something like 8,000 orders they have to sort through and according to that pressing plant dude on Reddit, the pressed records were only mailed to them a few weeks ago

You will get your orders but you are required to sign up for VinylBox for 3 years, Moose outside should have told ya.

There was a person on the Reddit Bandbox thread actually talking about how they would reimburse us for our leftover Bandbox credit a few months back. That is the funniest thing I have ever heard.

I sent them an email on the 16th asking specifically about the Superchunk being offered in their August boxes since I'd sorta like the copy I paid for last year, if they're still committed to that. The auto-response said they try to get back to everyone within 48 hours... maybe metric time is different? :ROFLMAO:

I sent them an email on the 16th asking specifically about the Superchunk being offered in their August boxes since I'd sorta like the copy I paid for last year, if they're still committed to that. The auto-response said they try to get back to everyone within 48 hours... maybe metric time is different? :ROFLMAO:
i got no response either. When the settlement first happened, they did email me back to say that it would take awhile to sort through the inventory and get stuff out. I’m not buying it. I did get to see the inventory list and there were something like 12,000 preorders spoken for. A bunch of those records were marked as unpaid and being held by the plants. Many were marked in possession but on credit with the plants. Some were never pressed (Alvvays seemed like they never did it. Department of eagles wasn’t even on the list.

i got no response either. When the settlement first happened, they did email me back to say that it would take awhile to sort through the inventory and get stuff out. I’m not buying it. I did get to see the inventory list and there were something like 12,000 preorders spoken for. A bunch of those records were marked as unpaid and being held by the plants. Many were marked in possession but on credit with the plants. Some were never pressed (Alvvays seemed like they never did it. Department of eagles wasn’t even on the list.
I emailed them too. I'll give it another week, but not expecting a reply. It's funny that they would think ignoring the victims of the Bandbox fraud would ingratiate them with the vinyl community. Even telling us that they can't send us what we already paid for would be better business than just ignoring us after all that was said. But they've always been a bit of a joke of a company who screws over their customers too, so it's not at all surprising. Dirt bags gonna dirt bag, and courts let them.

I emailed them too. I'll give it another week, but not expecting a reply. It's funny that they would think ignoring the victims of the Bandbox fraud would ingratiate them with the vinyl community. Even telling us that they can't send us what we already paid for would be better business than just ignoring us after all that was said. But they've always been a bit of a joke of a company who screws over their customers too, so it's not at all surprising. Dirt bags gonna dirt bag, and courts let them.
It's funny that I almost got their exclusive of the lissie album a couple of years ago and I canceled it because I no longer wanted it and now they are no longer in business.

It's funny that I almost got their exclusive of the lissie album a couple of years ago and I canceled it because I no longer wanted it and now they are no longer in business.
goodfellas-funny-how.gif

Greetings fellow Bandbox creditors.

We are back with another update. In June, a judge in Minneapolis approved the terms of the receivership which, in the simplest of terms, means that the deal to sell Bandbox to VYNL will go through and a bank will get all that money. Yay banks.

What it means for you, however, is that you will get your OK Go records! When? We're not entirely sure just yet.

But here's the exciting news... those records have been located in the massive pile of other unshipped products that VYNL now has in its possession! Check it out:

1724764488388.png

Once we know more about a ship date, we'll let you know. Apparently, and unsurprisingly, there is a tremendous amount of red tape that must be cleared before things can start shipping out.

Many of you have also been asking about the fanzine that was promised. Well, we have more good news on that front... a draft copy of the zine was completed before Bandbox imploded and we have the files in our possession. It is unclear if a budget exists to properly edit or print it, but at a bare minimum, we should be able to share a pdf copy with you at some point.

That's all for now.

We remain optimistically yours.

OK Go

Greetings fellow Bandbox creditors.

We are back with another update. In June, a judge in Minneapolis approved the terms of the receivership which, in the simplest of terms, means that the deal to sell Bandbox to VYNL will go through and a bank will get all that money. Yay banks.

What it means for you, however, is that you will get your OK Go records! When? We're not entirely sure just yet.

But here's the exciting news... those records have been located in the massive pile of other unshipped products that VYNL now has in its possession! Check it out:

View attachment 212183

Once we know more about a ship date, we'll let you know. Apparently, and unsurprisingly, there is a tremendous amount of red tape that must be cleared before things can start shipping out.

Many of you have also been asking about the fanzine that was promised. Well, we have more good news on that front... a draft copy of the zine was completed before Bandbox imploded and we have the files in our possession. It is unclear if a budget exists to properly edit or print it, but at a bare minimum, we should be able to share a pdf copy with you at some point.

That's all for now.

We remain optimistically yours.

OK Go

Well Vinylbox apparently has plenty of inventory to sale.

From what I can see, these were never manufactured:
Alvvays - Antisocialites (Bandbox Exclusive Blue + Orange Hand Poured Vinyl)
Alvvays - Blue Rev (Bandbox Exclusive Blue + Black Hand Poured Vinyl)
Various Artists - The Faithful: A Tribute to Marianne Faithfull (Bandbox Exclusive Pink + White Hand Poured Vinyl)
OHGEESY - GEEZYWORLD (Bandbox Exclusive Clear + Blue Splatter Vinyl)
OHGEESY - GEEZYWORLD 2 (Bandbox Exclusive Clear + Black Splatter Vinyl)
Soul Asylum - MPLS Unplugged (Bandbox Exclusive Blue Green Swirl)

a whole bunch were held by vendor until payment as well so unsure if those will ever come out :(

in ear park isn't even on the list.

From what I can see, these were never manufactured:
Alvvays - Antisocialites (Bandbox Exclusive Blue + Orange Hand Poured Vinyl)
Alvvays - Blue Rev (Bandbox Exclusive Blue + Black Hand Poured Vinyl)
Various Artists - The Faithful: A Tribute to Marianne Faithfull (Bandbox Exclusive Pink + White Hand Poured Vinyl)
OHGEESY - GEEZYWORLD (Bandbox Exclusive Clear + Blue Splatter Vinyl)
OHGEESY - GEEZYWORLD 2 (Bandbox Exclusive Clear + Black Splatter Vinyl)
Soul Asylum - MPLS Unplugged (Bandbox Exclusive Blue Green Swirl)

a whole bunch were held by vendor until payment as well so unsure if those will ever come out :(

in ear park isn't even on the list.

Do you have list of everything that was pressed?

Back