Bandbox: an uncompensated review of an interesting new club

From what I can see, these were never manufactured:
Alvvays - Antisocialites (Bandbox Exclusive Blue + Orange Hand Poured Vinyl)
Alvvays - Blue Rev (Bandbox Exclusive Blue + Black Hand Poured Vinyl)
Various Artists - The Faithful: A Tribute to Marianne Faithfull (Bandbox Exclusive Pink + White Hand Poured Vinyl)
OHGEESY - GEEZYWORLD (Bandbox Exclusive Clear + Blue Splatter Vinyl)
OHGEESY - GEEZYWORLD 2 (Bandbox Exclusive Clear + Black Splatter Vinyl)
Soul Asylum - MPLS Unplugged (Bandbox Exclusive Blue Green Swirl)

a whole bunch were held by vendor until payment as well so unsure if those will ever come out :(

in ear park isn't even on the list.
Was that Soul Asylum ever even announced? I can't recall it being on there.

I knew we'd be SOL on the Alvvays since that info came out as soon as they collapsed. Kind of just ordered them because of the glut of gift cards I had, but still a minor bummer.

Was that Soul Asylum ever even announced? I can't recall it being on there.

I knew we'd be SOL on the Alvvays since that info came out as soon as they collapsed. Kind of just ordered them because of the glut of gift cards I had, but still a minor bummer.
I don't think that one was announced. Figured In Ear Park and Alvvays weren't gonna make it too. Especially since when those were announced it was around the time of vendors realizing that bandbox bills were stacking up.

Really feel bad for the pressing plants that pressed stuff, weren't paid and just have stock sitting there they can't do anything with.

So Presidehts were pressed you’re saying ?
These two appear to have been pressed and were in BB's possession
The Presidents of the United States of America - Love Everybody (Bandbox Exclusive Pink Splatter Vinyl)
The Presidents of the United States of America - Freaked Out and Small (Bandbox Exclusive Blue Splatter Vinyl)

These two appear to have been pressed and were in BB's possession
The Presidents of the United States of America - Love Everybody (Bandbox Exclusive Pink Splatter Vinyl)
The Presidents of the United States of America - Freaked Out and Small (Bandbox Exclusive Blue Splatter Vinyl)
Would have ordered those if I would have known Bandbox was going to go belly up.

Greetings fellow Bandbox creditors.

We are back with another update. In June, a judge in Minneapolis approved the terms of the receivership which, in the simplest of terms, means that the deal to sell Bandbox to VYNL will go through and a bank will get all that money. Yay banks.

What it means for you, however, is that you will get your OK Go records! When? We're not entirely sure just yet.

But here's the exciting news... those records have been located in the massive pile of other unshipped products that VYNL now has in its possession! Check it out:

View attachment 212183

Once we know more about a ship date, we'll let you know. Apparently, and unsurprisingly, there is a tremendous amount of red tape that must be cleared before things can start shipping out.

Many of you have also been asking about the fanzine that was promised. Well, we have more good news on that front... a draft copy of the zine was completed before Bandbox imploded and we have the files in our possession. It is unclear if a budget exists to properly edit or print it, but at a bare minimum, we should be able to share a pdf copy with you at some point.

That's all for now.

We remain optimistically yours.

OK Go

Much more important (to me) is the album cover on the left of the photo - confirmation that they have possession of The Long Winters records

Much more important (to me) is the album cover on the left of the photo - confirmation that they have possession of The Long Winters records
all 4 were marked "in stock but not paid for, on credit with vendor" in the inventory doc. If we see those pop up at vinyl box, things are pretty screwy because nearly all of them were spoken for apparently out of the ones that were in stock.

Braid and Grizzly Bear are likely still at the pressing plant. It's possible that the labels/bands could buy these from whoever the pressing plant is and sell them, or do what The Beths did and mail them out. Hoping the ones that were pressed but stuck at the plants are saved...

all 4 were marked "in stock but not paid for, on credit with vendor" in the inventory doc. If we see those pop up at vinyl box, things are pretty screwy because nearly all of them were spoken for apparently out of the ones that were in stock.

Braid and Grizzly Bear are likely still at the pressing plant. It's possible that the labels/bands could buy these from whoever the pressing plant is and sell them, or do what The Beths did and mail them out. Hoping the ones that were pressed but stuck at the plants are saved...

Given that they're already trying to sell the Superchunk, I figure if I do get any records at all, it's a bonus.

Wait, Are you mapsandlegends?
200w.gif

I read about the Soul Asylum on Twitter. They did an unplugged show (in Minneapolis, like the record would suggest) and Bandbox was there selling preorders of that night's show on vinyl. More people that got hosed by BB, basically.
Oh yea. Completely forgot about that but I remember that too

Back