Concert/Gig Posters! It's Back!

Y'all do your own framing or pay for it? I wanna get some of my stuff framed but it's SO EXPENSIVE
I've done some of both. Used to have a connection to a framer that gave me a deal to mat and frame because he loved to do the rock posters. Wish I still had that. Have another place that isn't too crazy expensive, and I know the quality is going to be good because I've seen Emek in there getting posters framed. But I also pick up a 2fer from Michaels when I don't want to pay those prices. I have so many posters I'd love to get framed, but running out of room in the house.

I've done some of both. Used to have a connection to a framer that gave me a deal to mat and frame because he loved to do the rock posters. Wish I still had that. Have another place that isn't too crazy expensive, and I know the quality is going to be good because I've seen Emek in there getting posters framed. But I also pick up a 2fer from Michaels when I don't want to pay those prices. I have so many posters I'd love to get framed, but running out of room in the house.
Which PDX shop is the one that’s reasonably priced (where you saw Emek)? I’ve used Jason from Po’ Boy Art for most of mine that needed framing (and he framed most of mine generally bc most of my collection comes from his annual “Art of Musical Maintenance” shows at The Goodfoot, and he framed everything for those shows). I haven’t had anything framed in years. I need something framed now and may reach out to Jason on FB but am curious of another local option that’s reasonably priced.

Might look into that. Gonna try to take some stuff to a local framer in town and get a ballpark estimate for what some stuff will cost. Might just try to stager a piece a month if prices are within relatively sane price ranges.

Which PDX shop is the one that’s reasonably priced (where you saw Emek)? I’ve used Jason from Po’ Boy Art for most of mine that needed framing (and he framed most of mine generally bc most of my collection comes from his annual “Art of Musical Maintenance” shows at The Goodfoot, and he framed everything for those shows). I haven’t had anything framed in years. I need something framed now and may reach out to Jason on FB but am curious of another local option that’s reasonably priced.
it's this one in Montavilla. I had him do our Ohana posters and thought they turned out great.

IMG_2154.jpegIMG_2155.jpeg

Just looked and Michaels framing isn't that much cheaper than a local framer so meh back to the drawing board
Michaels only if putting in the frame myself. Having them specialty frame it isn't any cheaper at all.

I had this done at Aurora Gallery And Frame Shop in Vancouver WA and thought it was done very well. They usually had some sort of discount on materials as well as a discount if you came back multiple times in a year. Hard to show in the Pic but the top mat is linen with texture

20221221_143321.jpg20221221_143409.jpg20221221_143342.jpg

Physical tickets :(

I’m so sick of everything going digit

One of our local ticket companies (etix) has a kiosk in two of the bars that allows you to print out your tickets. I do it all the time. I wish I could for all the shows I go to.

Most places in the pnw can print them if you ask at the box office. The bigger venues are where it gets tough. At Moda if you tell them your phone is dead I've had a 100% rate of them printing it for me. A little tougher in nova so far though

Most places in the pnw can print them if you ask at the box office. The bigger venues are where it gets tough. At Moda if you tell them your phone is dead I've had a 100% rate of them printing it for me. A little tougher in nova so far though
Might be an east coast thing, but it feels like the bulk of events are on your phone. I think I've had one physical ticket in like 5 years.

Back