Concert/Gig Posters! It's Back!

Most places in the pnw can print them if you ask at the box office. The bigger venues are where it gets tough. At Moda if you tell them your phone is dead I've had a 100% rate of them printing it for me. A little tougher in nova so far though
I need to try this. Although I don't get to a ton of Moda shows.

Curious, how many of you buy concert posters for gigs you didn't attend because you either like the music artist, poster's artist or the artwork?

Curious, how many of you buy concert posters for gigs you didn't attend because you either like the music artist, poster's artist or the artwork?
They were less of a thing in the UK, so I tended to buy ones for bands I liked. They are a bit more prevalent here in Oz, so I tend to get ones from gigs I go to now.

They were less of a thing in the UK, so I tended to buy ones for bands I liked. They are a bit more prevalent here in Oz, so I tend to get ones from gigs I go to now.
I was going to say the same, I rarely see gig-specific concert posters here in London. Sometimes they have generic tour ones, but more often than not its t-shirts, hoodies, etc.

I actually have a solid stack of gig posters from the UK from the 1950's through to 90's that I never attended. Concerts by jazz musicians mainly and a lot of them are very DIY. I do have a pretty great Miles Davis one from France that I never attended (see below) but its mainly UK based musicians.

IMG_2398.JPG

I was going to say the same, I rarely see gig-specific concert posters here in London. Sometimes they have generic tour ones, but more often than not its t-shirts, hoodies, etc.

I actually have a solid stack of gig posters from the UK from the 1950's through to 90's that I never attended. Concerts by jazz musicians mainly and a lot of them are very DIY. I do have a pretty great Miles Davis one from France that I never attended (see below) but its mainly UK based musicians.

View attachment 211759

That's awesome! And if it's old enough attending it doesn't matter. I'd hang that Miles one up

Back