Country / Alt-Country / Roots / Americana

I honestly don’t know how I feel about what Lambert did here (reminds me of the old southern line that the only thing ruder than being rude is pointing it out):

She should probably consider the Neil Young approach to things. No entrance during a song, no cameras or phones.

I do think audience behavior at shows is abhorrent of late and affects others ability to enjoy a show. I remember a Chatham County Line show where it was hard to hear the band over the den of talking from the audience which is SUPER annoying at an acoustic show.

I do find it laughable that the defense offered by the woman was basically I used to do similar stuff in school and get fussed at about it. Seems some folks never change.
The solution moving forward is, as you said, no phones/no camera policy. I don’t fault Lambert at all for getting annoyed. The concert experience for concert goers is changing for the worse. Tickets are too damn expensive and high price tag is bringing along with it an added level of entitlement. When we go to a show we snap a few photos but then we put our phones away and enjoy the show. I feel like people today are more concerned about capturing content for their social media posts than they are about the music. I think festivals like Coachella, Bonnaroo, and Lollapalooza cater to those social media types who are at these events for for status and for “likes” more than for the music and at a giant festival people can get away with that behavior because it’s a giant festival . In this case though the photo the offending woman shared doesn’t help her cause. She and her group are only a couple rows away from the stage in a relatively small venue and it looks like they were the only people standing up during that portion of the show which was a quiet ballad. My guess is this was not at the beginning of the show and the behavior had likely been going on throughout Miranda’s set. The woman said the tone of the night for her and her friends changed for the worse after being called out but I bet if you ask the folks that were seated around this offending group they would likely say the exact opposite.

This probably belongs in the political thread, but what a ducking dick:
Yeah it is a modern day lynching song if I have ever heard one. Disgusting. Real rich that he is such an advocate for guns too since he was on stage when that crazed lunatic starting shooting at Route 91 Harvest.

Also, as someone who was born and raised in Midwest town of less than 8,000 (6,000 is you subtract the “residents” at the maximum security prison) I can promise you absolutely NO ONE wants to try anything in a small town and that includes most of the people born there who can’t wait to escape to literally anywhere else.

If anyone from the big scary city had to stop in a small town they just getting gas and maybe a snack while on their way to their actual destination. Lack of opportunity and opportunity and opioids will destroy most these small towns before any out-of-towners but everyone needs a scapegoat I suppose.

god only knows what these google searchs are going to do to my algorithm. What did she do?
Here is the thing where she popped up on my radar…
But apparently this isn’t really a new thing for her. She Twitter is (or was last time I checked probably when this story surfaced) a big MAGA red hat wearing buffoon, trying to become a right wing social media influencer.

Also, as someone who was born and raised in Midwest town of less than 8,000 (6,000 is you subtract the “residents” at the maximum security prison) I can promise you absolutely NO ONE wants to try anything in a small town and that includes most of the people born there who can’t wait to escape to literally anywhere else.

If anyone from the big scary city had to stop in a small town they just getting gas and maybe a snack while on their way to their actual destination. Lack of opportunity and opportunity and opioids will destroy most these small towns before any out-of-towners but everyone needs a scapegoat I suppose.
Fucker is from Macon, he doesn't even know what a small town is.

Here is the thing where she popped up on my radar…
But apparently this isn’t really a new thing for her. She Twitter is (or was last time I checked probably when this story surfaced) a big MAGA red hat wearing buffoon, trying to become a right wing social media influencer.
Whenever NC makes the news, it's usually awful. Thanks bitch for continuing that trend.

I read a review of Weathervanes earlier this evening that called it, "[T]he least consistant Isbell album in nearly 15 years," and, "[T]he most banal batch of Jason Isbell songs we’ve heard in some time," and I can only imagine the person who wrote it is not very fun at parties.

I read a review of Weathervanes earlier this evening that called it, "[T]he least consistant Isbell album in nearly 15 years," and, "[T]he most banal batch of Jason Isbell songs we’ve heard in some time," and I can only imagine the person who wrote it is not very fun at parties.
I want to know where you read it, so I can read it and punch holes in the review for you.

I want to know where you read it, so I can read it and punch holes in the review for you.

I've already punched a great many in it myself, but I welcome more!

I decided very early into reading it that I couldn't take it seriously.

Back