Country / Alt-Country / Roots / Americana

Where's he been since Southern Gothic?
I wasn't aware that I was his manager. I should probably be getting paid for that. Lol.

Sorry, couldn't help myself.

I know he did a Tim Rice Tribute project last year.

He has been doing some for hire and feature work:
1689212448437.png

I just listened to that new MC Mcentire for the first time in several months and man, it is pretty great and should probably be in contention for my AOTY list (probably not my AOTY, right now that's looking a lot like Nickel Creek which says a lot about that band because I honestly think it is a weak NC album - rather strong Thile project though - IT'S COMPLICATED)

I just listened to that new MC Mcentire for the first time in several months and man, it is pretty great and should probably be in contention for my AOTY list (probably not my AOTY, right now that's looking a lot like Nickel Creek which says a lot about that band because I honestly think it is a weak NC album - rather strong Thile project though - IT'S COMPLICATED)
I like the new HC McEntire with credit from Bandbox. Wasn’t on my radar till they did an exclusive of it. I think the Colter will be in my top albums of 2023 just based on the singles alone.

Agree, I think that Esther Rose album is way overlooked.

Also agree about strong back half. Really looking forward to Hiss Golden Messenger, Logan Ledger, Margo Cilker, Colter Wall, Gabe Lee, Allison Russel, John R. Miller, Tre Burt, and Brent Cobb. Lots of great stuff upcoming.

Agree, I think that Esther Rose album is way overlooked.

Also agree about strong back half. Really looking forward to Hiss Golden Messenger, Logan Ledger, Margo Cilker, Colter Wall, Gabe Lee, Allison Russel, John R. Miller, Tre Burt, and Brent Cobb. Lots of great stuff upcoming.
John R will definitely be on my list. One of my favorite songwriters. Really looking forward to Margo Cilker as well. Will have the Allison Russell coming from Magnolia. almost forgot about Willi Carlisle too, his new one drops in November.

I honestly don’t know how I feel about what Lambert did here (reminds me of the old southern line that the only thing ruder than being rude is pointing it out):

She should probably consider the Neil Young approach to things. No entrance during a song, no cameras or phones.

I do think audience behavior at shows is abhorrent of late and affects others ability to enjoy a show. I remember a Chatham County Line show where it was hard to hear the band over the den of talking from the audience which is SUPER annoying at an acoustic show.

I do find it laughable that the defense offered by the woman was basically I used to do similar stuff in school and get fussed at about it. Seems some folks never change.

Back