Definitive Audiophile pressings

i really like the UHQRs I have. i like the Love Supreme better than the acoustic sounds series. White Stripes is WAY better than any other existing pressings of it...we won't know if these are that much better than the OJC until they come out in a few weeks and people are able to compare. 3x as good is really subjective of course.

Also unclear if they are the same master tape. Chad never really says. I'd guess they may be but haven't watched the video yet or seen a ton of details.
Fuck Chad

Nah, I'm not playing this game. My Waltz for Debby + Sunday Village Vanguard sound as good as I'll ever need them too. Count me out of this endless audiophile mania, I CANT DO IT ANYMORE
I wonder how many people sprung for the $700 Evans Box repress, then $70 for the OJCs, and will now shell out $300 to, theoretically, extract something more out of these.

Okay, so who is gonna do the complete shoot out for Sunday at the Village Vanguard?

Please compare all of these:
  • OG 1961 stereo
  • 80s OJC stereo
  • 2012 Waxtime pressing
  • 2017 MoFi One-step
  • 2018 Electric Recording Co
  • Analog Productions standard 45 rpm pressing
  • 2023 OJC stereo
  • 2024 Analogue Productions One-Step

Okay, so who is gonna do the complete shoot out for Sunday at the Village Vanguard?

• OG 1961 stereo
  • 80s OJC stereo
  • 2012 Waxtime pressing
  • 2017 MoFi One-step
  • 2023 OJC stereo
It's the Waxtime

• OG 1961 stereo
  • 80s OJC stereo
  • 2012 Waxtime pressing
  • 2017 MoFi One-step
  • 2023 OJC stereo
what about the twofers that @Jbraswell loves??

Back