Definitive Audiophile pressings

Okay….

Cadillacs had the GZ crackle throughout but it was covered up by the music. Was flat.

Hillbilly was flat. Had some persistent non-fill throughout Little Way but was great other wise.

Buenas Noches had a slight pry warp. Crackle throughout - sometimes heard in the music. Some non-fill on side two.

Bellman does his thing on all three.

Overall not the worst from the GZ/MRP combo.

It is mildly baffling that someone SO INTO the production side of things doesn't have readily available, good sounding pressings.
I think the fallacy in this argument is pretty broad. It makes some assumptions I’m not willing to make:
1. Maybe a Bjork doesn't like vinyl.
2. Maybe once a joke is happy with her tapes, she’s through and could care less how the masses receive it?
3. Maybe she doesn’t like the recording process at all but recognizes it as an important step in being able to support herself and her art.

I could go on but you get the point.

Just because we are into vinyl doesn’t mean the artist is.

Or as we see eco-mixes rise in popularity from the artists, something that they care about for the enhanced sound.

There are a lot of consumers who just see vinyl as a collectible and there is no reason to think there aren’t artists that are the same.

I think the fallacy in this argument is pretty broad. It makes some assumptions I’m not willing to make:
2. Maybe once a joke is happy with her tapes, she’s through and could care less how the masses receive it?
3. Maybe she doesn’t like the recording process at all but recognizes it as an important step in being able to support herself and her art.

Or as we see eco-mixes rise in popularity from the artists, something that they care about for the enhanced sound.

There are a lot of consumers who just see vinyl as a collectible and there is no reason to think there aren’t artists that are the same.

It can also be bafflingly regional. The björk presses over here, a bit like Radiohead & Yorke, are pretty decent but the US ones have a reputation for being a hot mess. Plus record labels, rather than artists tend to have the relationship with the various pressing plants.

It can also be bafflingly regional. The björk presses over here, a bit like Radiohead & Yorke, are pretty decent but the US ones have a reputation for being a hot mess. Plus record labels, rather than artists tend to have the relationship with the various pressing plants.
Yup. Which is why Metallica/Furnace and Rawlings/Paramount are very interesting relationships. Hell even Jack White usually makes sure his shit is decent from his shitty press.

I think for artists like Bjork and Nick Cave, it is all about the live performance and how best to translate their vision onto the stage. I think for them, once it is on tape and mixed, it is done and they are no longer thinking about it other than in a live setting.

I think for artists like Bjork and Nick Cave, it is all about the live performance and how best to translate their vision onto the stage. I think for them, once it is on tape and mixed, it is done and they are no longer thinking about it other than in a live setting.
Yeah this was a thought I had too. I couldn’t really get it down as elegantly as you did and also that post was getting a little long in the tooth.

She owns her own label though, so you'd think she's at least involved in the decision making.

Didn't have Linkin Park one step releases on the 2024 or any bingo card.

Back