Definitive Audiophile pressings

I never guessed it would be Relayer because it sucks.

I'm on the fence about buying this, though. Not a fan of Bad Company to need to get that one.

I have a copy of Relayer, but not sure which pressing I actually have. I added this one to my collection back when I started Discogs, but I'm not sure that is the right one. Bought at the same time as Tormato according to my post on Audiokarma at the time. It has been years since I've listened to it, so maybe I should play it again before any impulse purchases are made.

Maybe Boom Boom has enough magic to make a bad album worth 50 bucks.....???

Last edited:
I decided to get OGs of the Porky Relayer cut and a TML of BC for $25. These RHF will not fly off the shelf. There's time to wait and see.

If I like the albums enough and the KG cut feedback is strong, I might upgrade to the RHF later. Trying to save audiophile money for actual audiophile worthy titles.

I know that is the smart and sensible thing to do. But I don't do smart and sensible when impulse buying records.

I'm working on it, though. And willing to give the copy I have a listen.

Well if I buy
I know that is the smart and sensible thing to do. But I don't do smart and sensible when impulse buying records.

I'm working on it, though. And willing to give the copy I have a listen.
If I end up buying the RHF later, I did not do anything smart at all.😬

I gotta say I bought the RL cut of 90125 and it was all I needed instead of the AS45. Killer sounding cut.

Well if I buy

If I end up buying the RHF later, I did not do anything smart at all.😬

I gotta say I bought the RL cut of 90125 and it was all I needed instead of the AS45. Killer sounding cut.

Discogs tells me I have an RL cut of that, too - but, like Relayer, it was added back in 2010 when I started adding my collection to Discogs and I wasn't entirely cognizant of adding the right pressings and such at the time. So I'm not sure it's accurate.

If memory serves - it sounds great. I just haven't listened to it in a while.

Last edited:
Playing my copy of Relayer on the spinning thread - I have a CTH pressing

it's fine for what it is and how much I care about the album.

I have no plans to get the reissue unless all the reviews make it seem like it's a good album finally. I don't think Kevin Gray can fix it, tho.

I think I'd me more interested to hear the stereo mix of Steven Wilson re-mixes more.

Last edited:
Playing my copy of Relayer on the spinning thread - I have a CTH pressing

it's fine for what it is and how much I care about the album.

I have no plans to get the reissue unless all the reviews make it seem like it's a good album finally. I don't think Kevin Gray can fix it, tho.

I think I'd me more interested to hear the stereo mix of Steven Wilson re-mixes more.
It would have been an insta-buy for me if it was a Steven Wilson remix. He's really done a great job sorting out some of these older albums and making them sound less dated. I'm still kicking myself for selling his Yes boxset.

I haven't watched it, but I heard they were pressured by Bad Company to do the 50th and kind of courteously obliged. Thought that was an interesting angle.
how the f*ck does Paul Rodgers pressure a massive conglomerate to reissue his record?

Sounds more like the woke up drunk and went "what the hell did we just agree to?"

Repress
Fantastic sounding album!

Back