Definitive Audiophile pressings

OMG and my future housemate wants a gold cutlery set that's like AUD$200...

Like, I don't want to spend that much on some tacky cutlery set. Would rather just get some cutlery from my house or a cheap set lol

She is like me with vinyl when it comes to cooking and kitchen appliances, like she wants it to be all quality. I don't know how I'm gonna afford everything but if I have to sell things and start doing ubereats, I'll just do it haha 🤷‍♂️

You can never go wrong with good kitchen appliances and utensils. Think of Le Creuset pots, good silverware and good quality sharp knives as like the mofi or AP of kitchen stuff. Look after them and they will last you a lifetime.

Last edited:
OMG and my future housemate wants a gold cutlery set that's like AUD$200...

Like, I don't want to spend that much on some tacky cutlery set. Would rather just get some cutlery from my house or a cheap set lol

She is like me with vinyl when it comes to cooking and kitchen appliances, like she wants it to be all quality. I don't know how I'm gonna afford everything but if I have to sell things and start doing ubereats, I'll just do it haha 🤷‍♂️
You: “You want to spend $200 on silverware you’ll likely have for the rest of your life?”

Her: “You want to spend $800 on a VACUUM for your RECORDS?”

this is a sitcom waiting to be pitched. A foodie meets an audiophile.

You: “You want to spend $200 on silverware you’ll likely have for the rest of your life?”

Oh man, just some advice. Don't go down the kitchen pots and pans rabbit hole. Or kitchen knives.

-eyeballs full set of All Clad Copper Core pots and pans, and Santoku Knife which was hand made by 16th generation Japanese Sword makers-

You know how many records I could have bought with those?

Oh man, just some advice. Don't go down the kitchen pots and pans rabbit hole. Or kitchen knives.

-eyeballs full set of All Clad Copper Core pots and pans, and Santoku Knife which was hand made by 16th generation Japanese Sword makers-

You mean you don’t regularly butcher a whole moose with those knives? I’m disappointed in you!

Me earlier this year when my fiance convinced me to split with $400 for a pot and pan set. Before that my pots and pans were whatever I found at Ross' when I moved to LA and had $20 to my name. I thought that was just life, apparently I can spend $1000 on a frying pan if I so choose. Lord knows if I ever wiggle my way into some serious money I'm sure I'll be the type lmfao

I'm a foodie as well. We both want quality kitchen appliances but I don't want a cutlery set that expensive. Also, I'm just a bit too scared because it's all just so expensive. It's so overwhelming!

Going to spin some jazzy One-Steps to deal with the stress of paying so much money for kitchen appliances for the new apartment!

703E57A0-3FB8-450C-8D57-B6A9C0B70C30.jpeg

I'm a foodie as well. We both want quality kitchen appliances but I don't want a cutlery set that expensive. Also, I'm just a bit too scared because it's all just so expensive. It's so overwhelming!

Going to spin some jazzy One-Steps to deal with the stress of paying so much money for kitchen appliances for the new apartment!

View attachment 74573
Sorry to change the subject here.

Am I the only one who HATES One-Step packaging? It's honestly one of the primary reasons why I have yet to throw down the cash for any of them, $100+ is a LOT for a record and you telling me I gotta get a big clunky package where I don't even get the full sized artwork???! Just give me a nice gatefold plz, don't need no goddamn box for my album.

View attachment 74573

All I’m going say is that first time I moved out of home I inherited a bunch of old pots and pans off the family and bought the rest in charity stores. I replaced them with nicer stuff as I got more money. That said I was only 18 and an undergrad student at the time!

Am I the only one who HATES One-Step packaging? It's honestly one of the primary reasons why I have yet to throw down the cash for any of them, $100+ is a LOT for a record and you telling me I gotta get a big clunky package where I don't even get the full sized artwork???! Just give me a nice gatefold plz, don't need no goddamn box for my album.
I am not a fan of the packaging either. I don't hate it, but it is a bit 'extra'! Packaging isn't too much of a reason why I won't get an album but it is annoying that it has to be put in a big clunky box just because it's $100+! Like, it's a bit pretentious....

Me earlier this year when my fiance convinced me to split with $400 for a pot and pan set. Before that my pots and pans were whatever I found at Ross' when I moved to LA and had $20 to my name. I thought that was just life, apparently I can spend $1000 on a frying pan if I so choose. Lord knows if I ever wiggle my way into some serious money I'm sure I'll be the type lmfao
OMG, it's crazy what money can buy!!! 👀👀👀

Le Creuset are absolutely bomb proof and in many cases can be bought at yard sales for about 5 dollars and they are simply the best iron pots and pans you can find. Incredible stuff.

Yes if I dropped my casserole I’d well expect to smash every bone in my foot without so much as putting a scratch on it!

Speaking about definitive audiophile pressings my first Bob Dylan record ever just showed up! Confession, never listened to a Bob Dylan album before I watched Rolling Thunder Revue last year and that really made me and my lady fall in love. This to me has been the stand out album so far but I suspect his discography grows on you.image.jpg

They do include a 12x12 artwork of the album cover but agree that the box is a little annoying/extra. The box itself is pretty cool though with the texture and they do look slick on the shelf next to each other.

Speaking about definitive audiophile pressings my first Bob Dylan record ever just showed up! Confession, never listened to a Bob Dylan album before I watched Rolling Thunder Revue last year and that really made me and my lady fall in love. This to me has been the stand out album so far but I suspect his discography grows on you.View attachment 74576

It was my gateway Dylan too back in my early 20s. I still have that SACD lying in a box somewhere...

Back