Definitive Audiophile pressings

interesting detail: Pre-orders for a standard three-step process 180g 45RPM 2LP will be announced at a future date.
So those I may be interested in. 49 bucks a record is easier to swallow than 125

If you missed out.

MD just canceled my order from them, saying “someone beat ya to it.” I ordered at 2:54 yesterday afternoon. So if you ordered around then might be worth checking your email.

But I also hesitate at paying an extra $10 to order from MoFi. 25% of the price of the record for shipping is a killer. Think I’ll opt for the standard press.

If you missed out.

Also, am I crazy or is this 30 minutes per side??

I am almost certain they ship courier and yes you get duty.

I know it’s to Ireland rather than Canada but for my first order with them Music Direct refused to ship anything to me until I sent them an email stating that I knew customs fees were due, understood that they were my responsibility and undertook to pay them in full, accept delivery and not refuse the parcel on that basis. And yes they shipped fed ex who of course charged customs and their “brokerage fee”.

Last edited:
I know it’s to Ireland rather than Canada bu t for my first order with them Music Direct refused to ship anything to me until I sent them an email stating that I knew customs fees were due, understood that they were my responsibility and undertook to pay them in full, accept delivery and not refuse the parcel on that basis. And yes they shipped fed ex who of course charged customs and their “brokerage fee”.
The last time I got nailed for crap like that was when VMP switched how they were fulfilling curated titles. I got Paul’s Boutique. I had to pay just under $3 tax and then pay DHL $25 to collect the tax (which also had tax on it). At least it helps to keep my spending in check.

The last time I got nailed for crap like that was when VMP switched how they were fulfilling curated titles. I got Paul’s Boutique. I had to pay just under $3 tax and then pay DHL $25 to collect the tax (which also had tax on it). At least it helps to keep my spending in check.

Yeah i generally wont buy internationally from a company that uses couriers unless the item is expensive enough that the €10-20 that they charged is justifiable. I don’t mind so much with postal services that pass on to an post, I always get hit since the EU rules changes on 1st July last year but their brokerage fee is €3.50 which is actually pretty fair all things considered.

FCE2F8B0-6331-421A-8C23-0C7E9AA7C7EE.jpeg

15% sale at Vinyl Storage Solutions thru Sunday. They have those excellent outer sleeves and MoFi-esque inners - very good products in my experience.

News for those who were interested in the VH One Steps:

We’re hoping to release Van Halen’s self-titled debut at the end of 2022 if there are no delays. We will offer each for preorder individually when we get closer to shipping. Add yourself to the waiting list by clicking “Notify when in stock”.

The half speed back to black is an enormous improvement over the normal. It’s still pretty average because the recordings aren’t stellar but it’s as good as you’re going to make that source material sound. The reason that it’s still an enormous improvement over the original despite that? The original is such a bad master and pressing. It’s just dire. Plus the bonus disc is worth the entrance fee, for me.

Got my copy. On point. Just more dynamic across the board, bigger and more spacious sound. Maybe not quite as clear in spots but the rest is a good notch up.

Also, for my U.S. folks, you get Addicted as the last track and not the You Know I’m no Good remix. So. Bonus. For sure

Thanks for the push.

Back