Definitive Audiophile pressings

Just spun WGO 50th. My copy is nice and flat, quiet with just 2-3 moments of some noise. The packaging is really excellent - on par with Stoughton/AP quality. Yes, the inner sleeves are printed, and out of the package there was a lot of paper flakes, but ran it through the HumminGuru and it took care of most of it.

Definitely worth the purchase.

Just spun WGO 50th. My copy is nice and flat, quiet with just 2-3 moments of some noise. The packaging is really excellent - on par with Stoughton/AP quality. Yes, the inner sleeves are printed, and out of the package there was a lot of paper flakes, but ran it through the HumminGuru and it took care of most of it.

Definitely worth the purchase.
I'm gunna need everyone to chime in with more of these reviews. I don't trust GZ and I currently can't bring myself to buy this.

Presentation and sound really is up there for the price, didn't want to risk paper scuffs so I did have to rip the pretty inners unfortunately.

82181B34-BC5D-4CD3-AE43-B5CE281AC90B.jpeg

I’m still getting my head around this one but since this is the Definitive Audiophile Forum this is a top 10 system demo record for me.

Wide holographic soundstage. Each instrument (or sometimes note) is in its own space. The secondary undertones of the guitar amp can be felt. Bass notes clear and defined. Low level details I never really noticed b4 kind of just pop up in a well defined space. Super fast transits. It’s possible on some systems it may sound a bit bright but to me it was just super clean and fast. Not harsh to my overly treble sensitive ears.

Only one opinion after one listen so I will not feel bad if others hear it differently but IMHO this one is impressive. At 20k it’s hard to think these will be in short supply anytime soon but I think it may be the best UHQR so far. Great record. Awesome pressing. Worth checking out if your on the fence.

View attachment 134345

I’m still getting my head around this one but since this is the Definitive Audiophile Forum this is a top 10 system demo record for me.

Wide holographic soundstage. Each instrument (or sometimes note) is in its own space. The secondary undertones of the guitar amp can be felt. Bass notes clear and defined. Low level details I never really noticed b4 kind of just pop up in a well defined space. Super fast transits. It’s possible on some systems it may sound a bit sound bright but to me it was just super clean and fast. Not harsh to my overly treble sensitive ears.

Only one opinion after one listen so I will not feel bad if others hear it differently but IMHO this one is impressive. At 20k it’s hard to think these will be in short supply anytime soon but I think it may be the best UHQR so far. Great record. Awesome pressing. Worth checking out if your on the fence.
Mine is coming Monday, and I cannot wait!

View attachment 134345

Wide holographic soundstage. Each instrument (or sometimes note) is in its own space. The secondary undertones of the guitar amp can be felt. Bass notes clear and defined. Low level details I never really noticed b4 kind of just pop up in a well defined space. Super fast transits. It’s possible on some systems it may sound a bit bright but to me it was just super clean and fast. Not harsh to my overly treble sensitive ears.

This is not the best thing to read when you’re four IPAs deep.

Goddamnit.

Back