Definitive Audiophile pressings

Haha I don’t wanna get your hopes up too much! I do really like this cut but the one step of WGO is my least favorite of all the one steps I have so far. Sibilance is an issue on it plus the 45 ruins the flow of the album a lot for me. I know some people are complaining about issues with this pressing. Definitely clean it and get rid of static—there was a LOT. But it will get played a lot more than the one step for me and it sounds awesome.
Update; I did rush home, spinning it now, sounds wonderful and my discs were thankfully static free! Crossing my fingers, no issues through most of Side A. This is what I consider my favorite album of all time, so finally having a stellar player copy will be incredible

Never realized how “hot” of a recording this was, definitely have experienced worse but its something I’ve never heard, guess the Ultradeck amplifies everything lol

Never realized how “hot” of a recording this was, definitely have experienced worse but its something I’ve never heard, guess the Ultradeck amplifies everything lol
I think this one is cut hot. But it sounds really good on my system. I was cranking mine earlier

I think this one is cut hot. But it sounds really good on my system. I was cranking mine earlier
Strangely enough, I’ve found hot recordings sound better at louder volumes and crunchy on lower volumes. I’m bout to flip to side B heheh

Yea I listened both quiet and loud (I’m on my 3rd spin today haha). Sounded great on both for me.
Still waiting on mine from Target - should arrive later in the week. Based on these reviews I'm glad I grabbed it in the 3 for 2 sale for $26!

Nice find! I have quite a few German pressing rock albums from the late 60s and early 70s that I got from friends who were stationed in Europe during the Viet Nam era. They all have price stickers somewhat similar to the one on your album and they came from military PX stores, hence the relatively low price and noted in US dollars. Is your pressing heavy on the bass and treble, smiley face eq style?
Yeah, I figured it was from a military PX bc it’s the German release and bc the font of the dollar sign on the price sticker is atypical.
I would not say my pressing has a smiley face eq profile. Seems very neutral to me. Whoever owned it took very good care of it.

I got my WGO today, but the UPC code doesn’t match the one on Discogs. The only difference I can think of is that mine came with 3 lithographs that aren’t in the description listed, and also doesn’t have a hype sticker. Was there a limited version?

I got my WGO today, but the UPC code doesn’t match the one on Discogs. The only difference I can think of is that mine came with 3 lithographs that aren’t in the description listed, and also doesn’t have a hype sticker. Was there a limited version?

Yah. A deluxe that I think comes with those lithos you mentioned.

Sheeesh What’s Going On sounds absolutely perfect! Best I’ve ever heard it. Beats my 80’s reissue handily and smokes the original. Never heard his voice so clear and I can actually hear instrument separation. Packaging is great. Record 2 is great and the mono mixes are awesome. My records didn’t really have that much static but I’ll slip them into some anti static sleeves. Will definitely be spinning this often.
This Kevin Gray guy, he may have a future in this business.

Yes that’s the one I got. Think it needs a new discogs entry. I haven’t put mine in yet but just the jacket and lithos are different.

Another confirmation of WGO sounding damn good. Really enjoyed the mix, bass sounded really nice - lots of separation all around. Vocals are mixed perfectly, too. Pretty damn happy to finally have a solid AAA version that’s not cut across 4 sides!

Back