Discogs - Help, Tricks, Secrets And Tips

Good to know. I got an order last week and then a PayPal notice of payment. I packed it up and shipped it out. Went to update status as shipped and could not. Noticed it was still listed as invoice sent. Paypal has the purchase listed with a discogs order number and a discogs partner fee so it’s not like this person just went about and paid me directly through PayPal for some reason. I sent in a claim to discogs and haven’t heard back.

yeah they're about as responsive as vmp customer service, unfortunately.

Hey team.

I've been wondering for a while if its possible to group "wanted" records into a sub-folder to allow searching for them to be easier. I've added so many albums to my want list over the years that its a hell of a lot to filter through unless I specifically search for the record. It would be great if there was a folder I could collate by theme to then see them easier. For example "British jazz" with say 15 albums on my wantlist only which would allow for an easier search.

Hope that makes sense?

Hey team.

I've been wondering for a while if its possible to group "wanted" records into a sub-folder to allow searching for them to be easier. I've added so many albums to my want list over the years that its a hell of a lot to filter through unless I specifically search for the record. It would be great if there was a folder I could collate by theme to then see them easier. For example "British jazz" with say 15 albums on my wantlist only which would allow for an easier search.

Hope that makes sense?
Makes sense but have not figured out how to do it. What they need is too allow free-form tags, you know like Flickr did 20+ years ago. Then you could add tags as you liked and filter by them.

Closest you can do is use their wantlister page
Wantlister.discogs.com
You can then create canned searches based on a limited set of facets (seller location, format, price, artist etc)

How do you see the amount of items from a singular artist in your collection?
I have forgotten.

if you go to your collection and search the artist name it'll bring it all up and you can count 'em

Or if you search the artist in the regular search bar, but actually hit enter for the search results (it used to show up in the preview rather than having to complete the search, but I haven't been able to do that for awhile now) will give you the actual number

if you go to your collection and search the artist name it'll bring it all up and you can count 'em

Or if you search the artist in the regular search bar, but actually hit enter for the search results (it used to show up in the preview rather than having to complete the search, but I haven't been able to do that for awhile now) will give you the actual number

Thanks! I didn't feel like counting, but the second option works!!

Thanks! I didn't feel like counting, but the second option works!!

The only reason I prefer the manual count is that the other option will group anything in that features a credit for that artist, like covers or compilations and the like... so that number may be slightly inflated. (ie: I get 99 when I search Willie Nelson, but I'd only count 99 of those as how many Willies I've got.)

Back