Discogs - Help, Tricks, Secrets And Tips

ok, this is a record I just picked up. I spent time yesterday digging through each release searching for my particular copy and this is what I've come away with so far. I will be also posting a link to a dropbox folder of photos i took as well as video of me rotating the disc to view the etchings in the run out.

as I see it though right now the etchings are as follows

Side A: RLP-12-247-A1 AB CC
Side B: RLP-12-247-B1 AB

other identifiers from other releases only pertaining to what i have on my disc and sleeve:

Deep Groove stamping on both sides
'INC.' on both sides after Bill Grauer Productions
No Riverside/Contemporary Series logo on the front top right corner
It Does have a 247 Riverside logo on the bottom right corner
Too much damage for any identifiers on bottom of edge if there is any additional info there
The listings of albums available on the bottom right on the back of the sleeve

Currently there is one release that credits Abbey Manufacturing (the etched AB in the runouts)

If it isn't this one, I'd say you are safe to make a new sub, as none of the others credit what you have.

From what I can tell, it looks like it may be it.

If your runouts aren't exactly the same you can add them as a variation.

Last edited:
Don't know if this is the place to vent, but since when have Discogs fees become so ridiculously high??

I hadn't sold anything on Discogs in a while and was very happy to see I actually sold a very expensive record a few hours ago for €350 (+30 for shipping). Discogs took 33 from it and PayPal took another 20. Meaning I'm loosing 15% of my sell price to fees. Seems very excessive.

Had to file a "seller not responding report today" on the cogs.
They had my payment since 7/21 and still did not ship.

I think that's ample time...

Really odd too. 738 ratings at 96% and the last one was July 10th.
Maybe they died??

I have to wait until the 5th before doing anything else.
What next? file something with paypal?
Good grief. How many hours will I have to spend for my $20??

Had to file a "seller not responding report today" on the cogs.
They had my payment since 7/21 and still did not ship.

I think that's ample time...

Really odd too. 738 ratings at 96% and the last one was July 10th.
Maybe they died??

I have to wait until the 5th before doing anything else.
What next? file something with paypal?
Good grief. How many hours will I have to spend for my $20??
96 is kinda rough though. What’s that, 30 negative feedbacks?

does anyone have a sample of how they do their international shipping policies? I have to admit that I used to not have policies for international and just estimate when the order comes in based on the total weight of the order. When COVID hit, i just did not allow anyone out of the US to order from my shop. Now, i'm trying to figure the best way to set it up but it seems really limited. Do you do it by weight?
And if by weight how does Discogs determine the weight of your items unless you're plugging in weight when you're putting up your item for sale?

I'm looking for a better way to do my policies because the way i'm doing it now is kinda out of wack though and pretty inaccurate.
I'm doing everything based on 1st Class International Package so...
For now, I set it up by items - i'm assuming all 1xLP 2xLP to be under 32oz so 1-2 items 2nd tier
3xLP 3rd tier / 4xLP 4th tier. Anything 5 items and up might break the 4LB limit so I just set it up at $99999.

You know what I love…
Day 1: release x: user 1: “I changed it.”
Day 2: release x: user 2: “I changed it back!”
Day 3: release x: user 1: “I changed it.”
Day 4: release x: user 2: “I changed it back!”
Day 5: release x: user 1: “I changed it.”
Day 6: release x: user 2: “I changed it back!”

Rinse repeat ad infintum

You know what I love…

Rinse repeat ad infintum
They need to take their conflict to the message boards.

I would say 60% of recent used discogs purchases are graded a grade too high. Usually I get a partial refund.

Also like to ask for a play test if I'm 50/50 on play condition. Most get back to me. Some snobby stores say they can't. A few ignore.

I like to send a message to sellers now before I buy something to make sure they physically have it.

Also, the interface change when there are a lot of versions of a album doesn't work very well when you select show more, maybe it's firefox ?

Last edited:
You know what I love…

Rinse repeat ad infintum
Day 71: release x: no changes
Day 72: release x: no changes
Day 73: release x: no changes
Day 74: release x: user @Mather : "I changed it to something completely different from user 1 or user 2's changes"
Day 75: release x: user 1: “I changed it.”
Day 76: release x: user 2: “I changed it back!”

Last edited:
Msg from seller after we agreed to a $27 shipped price yesterday.

^^ above was from 12 hours ago^^^ ; i can see that u misconstrued that i agreed to $27 'all in', but, that is not the case; i was on my i~phone in a car, after bowling & beer, & did not see what u were offering,,,again, apologies; cancel or 31.50, your choice, cheers, & 'keep on a spinnin~!' wes

Msg from seller after we agreed to a $27 shipped price yesterday.

^^ above was from 12 hours ago^^^ ; i can see that u misconstrued that i agreed to $27 'all in', but, that is not the case; i was on my i~phone in a car, after bowling & beer, & did not see what u were offering,,,again, apologies; cancel or 31.50, your choice, cheers, & 'keep on a spinnin~!' wes
Gonna need that username so I can ~block~

Back