Equipment Recommendations - The Home For New System and Upgrade Advice

View attachment 204916

Just traded into my local, they're great for when you really want to feel like your speakers deeply disapprove of something you've just done.
These honestly look like post-modern toilets. I would def leave an upper decker if I saw these in some mansion.

Last edited:
Oh yeah. A family of German tourist underestimating the climate/terrain and dying of lack of water is horrendous. It’s kind of a weird thing to have a Wikipedia entry for. Especially with that title.
Hiking with a 4 year old in one of the hottest places in the world in July is insane.

MSB Reference DAC

I mean, there's gotta be limit somewhere...
Nonsense. I challenge you to find a single DAC with a “display for the listening chair” for a penny lower than $54,500. There’s no limit to the ease with which one can see and interact with a display like one can at the $54,500 price point.

Pfanstiehl has been making low cost audio accessories and replacement styli for decades. It should fit, but don’t expect it to be “better” than the stock headshell. The SME style headshell is an industry standard across many tonearms.

I personally prefer headshells with adjustable azimuth. Those have a screw clamp at the base that allows rotatation of the cartridge for best vertical alignment. But, they do cost more.

I used a Jelco HS-25 with my 2M Blue and PLX-1000, but they are no longer in production.

Ok folks, I've got a vintage TT question for y'all. My buddy has a Yamaha YP 701, it's one of those automatic tables that cues while it spins, returns the tonearm at the end of the side etc. It's got a funky tonearm with a lateral weight, anti skate and the usual tracking force weight. I'm swapping in a 2M Black stylus on his Ort Silver Body and I want to adjust the weight a little, to come down to 1.7 grams from where it's set around 2. I've looked at the manual and I can't see how to lower the tonearm without having the auto activation kick in and start the table turning. I'm sure it's a pretty standard system with how these vintage auto tables work, but what am I missing?

I do not have the table in front of me, I'm heading to his place later I just wanted to get it sorted in my head before I get there.

This is the table...

q97ox1obwnb81.jpg
I thought it was just a matter of lowering the cue lever but that doesn't seem to lower the arm, just passes a signal through to send audio once the table starts spinning.

Last edited:
Back