Hip Hop

I really wish that Tech N9ne would press some of his older stuff on vinyl. He has sales all the time on his vinyl on his site but it's all the more recent stuff which is too hit or miss for me to want to invest.

If only there was a reliable vinyl club that did hip hop records :cry:
Not gonna lie, I've seen Nacho's name thrown around various places but never took the time to ever actually listen to him 🤷‍♂️.

If you ever get some Tech stuff I know you have a couple supporters here including me.

Well now would be the best time to listen to Nacho then, right? So you don't miss out on the record at an affordable price :P

I'm definitely part of the problem because I'm still considering getting it.

Same here. Nervously anticipating racing for a black variant. I mean since it's been stated, Alc doesn't clear samples, this 7 year old tape won't see streaming services, so why not buy it! It's gonna have the uncleared Queen, Run DMC, and Public Enemy samples to name a few! The illegality makes it exciting lol

Same here. Nervously anticipating racing for a black variant. I mean since it's been stated, Alc doesn't clear samples, this 7 year old tape won't see streaming services, so why not buy it! It's gonna have the uncleared Queen, Run DMC, and Public Enemy samples to name a few! The illegality makes it exciting lol
Except it was on spotify up until a few months ago, had it downloaded in a playlist just like Flygod... I mean a ton of artists have uncleared samples on spotify or other streaming services. My assumption was they took it down because they knew they were going to be attempting to release these "terribly rare" LP copies.

That still works as well.

Except it was on spotify up until a few months ago, had it downloaded in a playlist just like Flygod... I mean a ton of artists have uncleared samples on spotify or other streaming services. My assumption was they took it down because they knew they were going to be attempting to release these "terribly rare" LP copies.

That still works as well.

It works on my ipod too....lol That isn't the point. You can't legally sell a product with uncleared samples....once again. That was the point. Kill Em All also had 10 songs a few weeks ago...Now it has 9 on Spotify cuz legally they had to remove it. I wasn't trying to restart this discussion with ya. I was replying to Tillman as to why im buying it! I'm just doing me man

EDIT: I also see the Datpiff exclusive Rare Chadeliers playlist you mentioned that was greyed out on Spotify. That was never going to last long

Yes, why would the point be to own the vinyl on this vinyl forum. Why would I want the 10 son Kill Em All as opposed to the 9 tracks on Spotify.

My bad. Ima go listen to them in MP3 form lol @Tillman I hope you get what you want man!

TIL: Do you enjoy your purchase does not ACTUALLY mean do you and enjoy the purchase

I'm really done with this bud. No more correspondence from me as we are both obviously looking at this differently. If that is really what you've taken from what I've said on here, good for you.

Yet again we are here talking about the prices for these releases. It's a total bummer. In the past two years we've gone from Daupe being uber pricey but worth it for the art and product quality to Daupe being reasonably priced, and still putting out quality art and product. What we like about releases is rarely discussed and when it is people spend their time shitting on each other's opinions instead of having one themselves. Like I almost never see anyone talk about what they like about this or that album anymore.

I don't think anyone taking issue with the Alc prices (or any other prices) has a problem with people that choose to spend their money on it. As I said before it just sucks to even have to consider ' am I being bamboozled' when I go to buy a record.

In the case of this Bronsolino release I personally don't get it. It's a mixtape and it might be the best thing Bronson ever did, but if you love it you already have it from the datpiff or some other digital release, and if not then maybe $75 makes more sense to you. I can't imagine that the vinyl mastering for this is so outstanding as to justify that minimum price-tag, but that's just me. I mean I don't get that MoFi ultradiscs are now $125 either but at least you know the effort and quality that has gone into those pressings including the source for the material.

I've paid $50+ for records too many times. It might just be what it is now, but personally it's becoming less and less worth it to me. As @Enaz Fox has said I'm getting priced-out, and I have a decent paying job and no kids. If regular working fans can't afford your product then what is it about? The current system is creating classes of music patrons. Those that can buy and trade in the physical vinyl world and those who can't. Frankly - Fuck that b.s.

I'm honing in on the artists I care most about and I'll probably continue to give them my earnings, but the re-release of a mixtape, even if it is a great one, for at least 3x what the album should cost is doing everyone (fans, flippers, the collectors, the artists) a disservice.

Like I almost never see anyone talk about what they like about this or that album anymore.

Really liking that new Brother Ali, wish it wasn't just a picture disc, some of those instrumentals are just next level. Ali sounds unlike anything I've heard from him in the past and those combined have me coming back pretty frequently.

Hitler Wears Hermes 7 has been getting played often as well so I know if I'm jumping on the Daupe! drop. As I mentioned when it released this one seemed much more immediate in the enjoyment side for me and it's held up pretty well. (Don't really fuck with Whoopy/Love U)

OOFIE has to be my favorite new release. Each time I've gone back something that didn't click before starts to. Production is varied enough throughout to keep me interested but similar enough to keep the cohesion/vibe solid. Wiki continues to show why he's one of my favorite rappers of the 2000's.

Besides those I've been listening to Obijuan (Really growing on me), Crime (Of course I'm really digging Viridi, those beats are GRIMY) and some bluegrass and metal. ;)

Yet again we are here talking about the prices for these releases. It's a total bummer. In the past two years we've gone from Daupe being uber pricey but worth it for the art and product quality to Daupe being reasonably priced, and still putting out quality art and product. What we like about releases is rarely discussed and when it is people spend their time shitting on each other's opinions instead of having one themselves. Like I almost never see anyone talk about what they like about this or that album anymore.

I don't think anyone taking issue with the Alc prices (or any other prices) has a problem with people that choose to spend their money on it. As I said before it just sucks to even have to consider ' am I being bamboozled' when I go to buy a record.

In the case of this Bronsolino release I personally don't get it. It's a mixtape and it might be the best thing Bronson ever did, but if you love it you already have it from the datpiff or some other digital release, and if not then maybe $75 makes more sense to you. I can't imagine that the vinyl mastering for this is so outstanding as to justify that minimum price-tag, but that's just me. I mean I don't get that MoFi ultradiscs are now $125 either but at least you know the effort and quality that has gone into those pressings including the source for the material.

I've paid $50+ for records too many times. It might just be what it is now, but personally it's becoming less and less worth it to me. As @Enaz Fox has said I'm getting priced-out, and I have a decent paying job and no kids. If regular working fans can't afford your product then what is it about? The current system is creating classes of music patrons. Those that can buy and trade in the physical vinyl world and those who can't. Frankly - Fuck that b.s.

I'm honing in on the artists I care most about and I'll probably continue to give them my earnings, but the re-release of a mixtape, even if it is a great one, for at least 3x what the album should cost is doing everyone (fans, flippers, the collectors, the artists) a disservice.

^^^ this .....raising your prices just makes people get more picky on who you gonna support, and maybe grumpy ass uncle AL wont be on that list.

Really liking that new Brother Ali, wish it wasn't just a picture disc, some of those instrumentals are just next level. Ali sounds unlike anything I've heard from him in the past and those combined have me coming back pretty frequently.

Hitler Wears Hermes 7 has been getting played often as well so I know if I'm jumping on the Daupe! drop. As I mentioned when it released this one seemed much more immediate in the enjoyment side for me and it's held up pretty well. (Don't really fuck with Whoopy/Love U)

OOFIE has to be my favorite new release. Each time I've gone back something that didn't click before starts to. Production is varied enough throughout to keep me interested but similar enough to keep the cohesion/vibe solid. Wiki continues to show why he's one of my favorite rappers of the 2000's.

Besides those I've been listening to Obijuan (Really growing on me), Crime (Of course I'm really digging Viridi, those beats are GRIMY) and some bluegrass and metal. ;)

OOFIE has been in heavy rotation as has HWH7. I think the later is my fave WG release thus far. The Estee Nack track and the Jay Worthy track are really doing it for me.

I've heard all the praise for the Brother Ali but it's kind-of down on my list, in-part because I have no interest in the picture disk.

I listened to Viridi through, and you already know I agree, but I've kind of been holding back on it because I'm still waiting for fucking fatbeats to get me something that was supposed to ship like two weeks ago - i think it's in transit.

I bought that Joell Ortiz release from back in August: Monday.
I've been digging that as well and the vinyl is real nice - and a perfectly acceptable $20 price tag ;)

I've also gotten a couple new ambient releases and found myself at a King Diamond, Uncle Acid, and Idle Hands show this week.

what's with the Grammys' cover variant? did I miss something?

You mean the last pic? He said it was a wide strip on the front. I’m still not sure what he means by that. He also said that’s the deluxe version and only that version comes with the printed inner sleeve. I’m sure that and the obi will cost a premium so i’m just gonna go for the red swirl variant.

That Ali album is the best project that he has done in a long time, I've been enjoying it a lot. And the track with Monch makes me hope they team up rtj style, I need more from those 2 together.

HWH7 has been getting a lot of play because its really solid but nothing has really stood out to me. I couldnt even quote a single line on there. But its great background music for me.

I've mostly been listening to wierd underground, wordy, stoner rap like Mavi, Earl, Medhane, Billy Woods, and Black Sand. It has really just fit my mood well lately.

Back