Hip Hop

I don't remember how I found this, but I don't think it was posted here...?

A really nice, comprehensive list of notable 2019 hip hop releases.
Very solid top 10 (and beyond) the only one in the 10 I hadnt heard already is Bobby J From Rockaway. Also weird timing as I was just listening to that Epic Beard Men album yesterday for the first time since it initially came out

Yah but a huge chunk of what you paid is for shipping instead of the thing you bought. Maybe that bothers me more than others.
Yeah, this is the thing that frustrates me most about these guys. Why not get a company stateside to press your album? It doesn't benefit them that the shipping is astronomical. They are just throwing away money by using those European obi printers. They could even charge more and it'd still be cheaper for their US fans.

Yah but a huge chunk of what you paid is for shipping instead of the thing you bought. Maybe that bothers me more than others.
I’m actually bothered less by the shipping than the price gouging done by ALC. LWIB is coming from the Netherlands which means the shipping cost is what it is. They’re not making money from shipping. The vinyl itself was priced at $35. Very fair.

ALC pricing his cheapest variant at $75 before shipping or tax is beyond ridiculous to me.

I’m actually bothered less by the shipping than the price gouging done by ALC. LWIB is coming from the Netherlands which means the shipping cost is what it is. They’re not making money from shipping. The vinyl itself was priced at $35. Very fair.

ALC pricing his cheapest variant at $75 before shipping or tax is beyond ridiculous to me.

But there are plenty of other international vinyl companies (like Daupe) that charge literally HALF of what DRW charges for shipping. If they aren't making money, then it would seem they are incompetent if others can charge so much less. I would much rather spend $50 + $10 shipping than $35 + $25 shipping. At least your money is going into the item you are buying instead of something with no value (shipping).

But there are plenty of other international vinyl companies (like Daupe) that charge literally HALF of what DRW charges for shipping. If they aren't making money, then it would seem they are incompetent if others can charge so much less. I would much rather spend $50 + $10 shipping than $35 + $25 shipping. At least your money is going into the item you are buying instead of something with no value (shipping).
I guess I just don’t agree. I don’t have a bank account for product and a bank account for shipping. It all comes out of the same account. I just want to pay less overall. And I can easily justify paying the actual shipping cost plus a reasonable cost for the record vs an overpriced record with cheaper shipping. Also, those other places you mention like Daupe don’t ship from The Netherlands. Shipping costs vary by location. And living in LA I get hit with tax and shipping on ALC records. It ends up being about $12 on top of the album cost.

And trust I’m not here defending DRW’s practices. I’ve been on here calling them the worst in the game. But this latest stunt by Alchemist is worse even than DRW’s worst price gouge.

Do you really think shipping from completely different countries, while both overseas, cost the same? It cost different prices to ship things domestically in the United States depending on where the person is located.

I wonder if the hip hop vinyl reddit ever does groupbuys for stuff like that. I know the vaporwave vinyl reddit would have mods collaborate with the label to allow them to buy a certain number of copies if enough people pitched in to the group buy.
I'd be interested if we try to organize one for Mavi. Otherwise I'll probably wait and hope it gets another release.

@Clint Howard You ever thought about doing a group buy on that reddit?

That's a great question. For the most part I hate that the limited game is being run by a bunch of European jabronis but what can you do. I'm also way too selective of what I want / pick, but I may see if we can get a group of people together to do something like this. The thing is, some labels like Daupe - there is no discount to ordering in bulk :(

edit: also hard pass on the Cons.. I enjoy parts of it but not $60 american or $80 my money for it.

That's a great question. For the most part I hate that the limited game is being run by a bunch of European jabronis but what can you do. I'm also way too selective of what I want / pick, but I may see if we can get a group of people together to do something like this. The thing is, some labels like Daupe - there is no discount to ordering in bulk :(
Even on shipping?

Back