Hip Hop

Yo, the way Conway talks is really messing with me. I don't think I've ever seen someones mouth so crooked. I have questions, like, does he do that on purpose? Does he have to hold the mic up to the side of his face when he performs? Does he have to stand sideways in the booth? Am I the only person that this bothers?

Yeah, think others above covered it but it has to do with his Bells Palsy that came from getting shot in the head. Same reason why you can hear it when he spits, think it adds quite a bit to his character and flows but get it 100%.

Well that explains that. I am still curious how it effects his recording/performing though.

I think it slowed down his delivery. Same thing happened to 50 when he got shot up and it was the best thing to happen to his career. The slower flow led him to the top of the charts. Also weird that Eminem seems to have a thing for signing dudes that been shot in the head.

I think it slowed down his delivery. Same thing happened to 50 when he got shot up and it was the best thing to happen to his career. The slower flow led him to the top of the charts. Also weird that Eminem seems to have a thing for signing dudes that been shot in the head.

Speaking of 50 someone commented on one of Cons insta posts recently about how they’d love to hear them on a cut together and he alluded to having a track done with him... hoping it shows up on that Shady debut.

Speaking of 50 someone commented on one of Cons insta posts recently about how they’d love to hear them on a cut together and he alluded to having a track done with him... hoping it shows up on that Shady debut.

At this point, I really don't believe anything is coming out on Shady until it actually does. Like, FFS, release Dr. Bird already

Chopped Herring is having a sale. Some of the sale prices aren't great, but what's of greater interest are the limited stock, OOP items that they have available (some rare Bronson, Meyhem, Droog, others). I just copped every Buze Bruvaz related item they had including stuff I never thought I'd own. Pretty dope. Some stuff is limited to just a few pieces....

Chopped Herring is having a sale. Some of the sale prices aren't great, but what's of greater interest are the limited stock, OOP items that they have available (some rare Bronson, Meyhem, Droog, others). I just copped every Buze Bruvaz related item they had including stuff I never thought I'd own. Pretty dope. Some stuff is limited to just a few pieces....

If there ever was a nominee for pressing the most records while claiming to be 'limited', Chopped Herring would win the title by a landslide.

Yeh it was good to see a different side of him.

I always knew he was a bit of a joker but he tries very hard to show a different character in his music.

Honestly this was super weird to see for me. I worked with a friend years ago on a now-defunct music blog he had and around 2013 and we did a piece with Bones and his team essentially to promote them. The big song I loved at that time was "Air" because I was super into the whole cloud rap Main Attrakionz 's type stuff (RIP Friendzone). I remember we were just trying to figure out who this guy was based on his music, and this is pretty much the exact opposite of what we assumed lol.

There is a bit of an odd posturing vibe to some of the post-Lil B internet rappers for me. I had the same weird feeling seeing Lil Ugly Mane in interviews. Something about Bones and LUM bothers me in comparison to Denzel Curry or Squadda B who were in similar circles online at that time, the whole act just seems kind of phony.

If there ever was a nominee for pressing the most records while claiming to be 'limited', Chopped Herring would win the title by a landslide.
Limited as in there's 2-3 copies left for sale, usually of the colored variants (200 or less pressed) and then it's Discogs prices. Most of the titles list pressing numbers on Discogs if that kinda stuff matters to you. Of the stuff I copped, the biggest pressing was 125 of Adebisi Hat which isn't even available to purchase on Discogs.

Limited as in there's 2-3 copies left for sale, usually of the colored variants (200 or less pressed) and then it's Discogs prices. Most of the titles list pressing numbers on Discogs if that kinda stuff matters to you. Of the stuff I copped, the biggest pressing was 125 of Adebisi Hat which isn't even available to purchase on Discogs.

That's what Bob from Chopped Herring claims but he is sitting on boxes of these releases. Just like he sold copies of Dr. Lector every month for years after it 'sold out' on his site. Dude is honestly one of the most dishonest people I've ever met when it comes to actual pressing numbers.

That's what Bob from Chopped Herring claims but he is sitting on boxes of these releases. Just like he sold copies of Dr. Lector every month for years after it 'sold out' on his site. Dude is honestly one of the most dishonest people I've ever met when it comes to actual pressing numbers.
Oh well, that kind of stuff doesn't really matter to me, in this instance. I'm not copping to flip. I just want the music. And most of these releases are either OOP, OOS everywhere or they are significantly more expensive on Discogs. I don't know anything about Bob personally, I just know I fux with Da Buze Bruvaz majorly so I'm glad I have all their stuff on vinyl now.

R-514224-1454767006-9803.jpeg.jpg

Why isnt this on vinyl :( Anyone know?

One of my fav albums of all time. I grew up on this album and listen to it almost everyday. I have it on cd and the cassette tape is my holy grail. I can’t find it anywhere though and when I did, it was part of a cassette tape lot on ebay that went for over $500. As far as albums that have never been pressed to vinyl, this is the one I would want the most. I pray it does get a vinyl pressing. I would buy at least 3 copies. I’m gonna dm DJ PAUL on ig and let him know we need this fr. I fckn LOVE this album.

Don’t know if any of you guys mess with Al.Divino but he just dropped this snippet. Might be some new stuff incoming. Fxck Rxp teased 2 new releases with him, one I’m pretty sure is the album in my avatar.

I haven't listened to Uncle Trill or NHJW but this seems right.

I enjoyed BWAF but it didn't feel like there was much continuity from song to song. Maybe it's a product of the current environment but I really wished people would focus more on putting out albums as complete works of art instead of a series of songs with this or that producer.
Yea he could use some editing imo. 4 albums so far in 2019 is cool, but if he cut that down to 1 or 2 really good albums I feel like he would be a more well known name. Also thankfully he doesnt put out vinyl for each release because he would be impossible to keep up with. I think Being Woke Ain't Fun is still available from Fxck Rap tho

Back