Interscope Vinyl Collective

I mean I have a few records that had mastering by Reeves but then McMaster cut them. So you know take that for what you will.

Thinking I might hop in as well and do a 3 month for 2pac and Mos Def. Roll the dice on the third drop.

IVC seems to be pumping out pretty solid releases, their catalog is just so wide that I know I'll end up getting stuff I don't want if I do a 6 month or a 1 year sub.

Has their CS improved at all? My Dr Dre came pretty banged up, two big seam splits because their shipping is terrible. I reached out to them and heard literally nothing back.

I'd like to enter with Thug Life and then Mos Def as well. Can I start my subscribtion today with any past AotM or it has to be with Elliot Smith's?

EDIT: can I purchase records from their shop and have everything shipped together to save on shipping to France?

Last edited:
I'd like to enter with Thug Life and then Mos Def as well. Can I start my subscribtion today with any past AotM or it has to be with Elliot Smith's?

EDIT: can I purchase records from their shop and have everything shipped together to save on shipping to France?
From what I know, and it's not entirely clearly stated anywhere, but you can only ever do the album of the month to start. They don't allow skips or swaps or anything like that. And I've seen some in another vinyl group who tried to get them to bundle shipping but they said that wasn't an option. They've only recently allowed international subs, so maybe that shipment thing will change but I think the club ships out of a different warehouse than the store (or at least it did on the one purchase I've made in the store). And they have specific mailers for the club that are a bit better than the ones they use for store orders.

For being such a major label they're still kind of testing the waters with the club and slowly implementing changes as it grows. They were quick to change the packaging after a lot of people had damage on the first couple shipments. And I think they've switched to using Route insurance now so instead of handling those CS issues in house you go through them. I think Lee got a full refund for his sub because of an issue with his first album.

From what I know, and it's not entirely clearly stated anywhere, but you can only ever do the album of the month to start. They don't allow skips or swaps or anything like that. And I've seen some in another vinyl group who tried to get them to bundle shipping but they said that wasn't an option. They've only recently allowed international subs, so maybe that shipment thing will change but I think the club ships out of a different warehouse than the store (or at least it did on the one purchase I've made in the store). And they have specific mailers for the club that are a bit better than the ones they use for store orders.

For being such a major label they're still kind of testing the waters with the club and slowly implementing changes as it grows. They were quick to change the packaging after a lot of people had damage on the first couple shipments. And I think they've switched to using Route insurance now so instead of handling those CS issues in house you go through them. I think Lee got a full refund for his sub because of an issue with his first album.
Nope, not me. Someone did though.

I had a seam split on NIN. CS went through route who told me there were no replacements and sent me an immediate refund for $140 or whatever a 3 month sub was to my PayPal. I still recieved the next 2 albums haha

If anyone is looking to hop in for Thug Life and subsequently Mos Def, but does not want Elliott Smith, looks like you can subscribe at 9:00 PST today and you'll get Thug Life.

My VMP sub is up on 10/1 so depending on VMP and IVC's selections I may pop back and forth between the two.

Back