Interscope Vinyl Collective

Screenshot_2024-07-23-18-20-22-27_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg
IVC’s August Vinyl: Elliott Smith "XO (Deluxe)"

ELLIOTT SMITH “XO” - IVC EDITION

gif linked to Interscope Vinyl Collective Subscription

For the tenth Interscope Vinyl Collective release, we are announcing Elliott Smith's XO [Deluxe Edition]!

Elliott Smith had already established himself as an indie-rock poet laureate, Oscar nominee and reluctant rock star with his group Heatmiser and three critically acclaimed solo albums. But with XO, his major label debut, he was able to fully translate his rapidly expanding musical vision to wax. As Rolling Stone noted in their laudatory review, XO “features [Smith’s] most adventurous music ever, opening up his acoustic flow with piano, horns, vocal overdubs, even a string section.”

On XO, Smith shows both his love of McCartney and Lennon, blending perfectly crafted pop songwriting with brutally candid observations that rarely suffered fools. “You can hear it all,” Rolling Stone wrote upon the album’s release. "The graceful folk he’s perfected, elaborate orchestrations, an a cappella song, piano ballads, years of anger released in lilting harmony and a newfound hopefulness couched in energized pop tunes.”

This is the first vinyl pressing of XO [Deluxe Edition] with 9 bonus tracks including “How To Take A Fall,” “The Enemy Is You,” and “Miss Misery.” It features a 2LP gatefold jacket with deluxe edition cover art, 180G opaque brown vinyl, and a limited edition lithograph of Elliott Smith. It is individually numbered and limited to 4,000 units globally.

A few slots are available in the Interscope Vinyl Collective! Subscribe now so you don't miss out on this title.

Existing subscribers are guaranteed to receive this title.

[ SUBSCRIBE NOW ]

SEPTEMBER

THUG LIFE – “THUG LIFE: VOLUME 1” IVC EDITION

2Pac’s Hip-Hop supergroup, THUG LIFE, is 2Pac, Syke, The Rated R, Mopreme, and Macadoshis. Featuring alternative artwork and more. Full details coming soon in August.

elliott smith is up for order now

I want this but we are really living in a weird reality when an Elliott Smith record cost $48.

No mastering details on XO - for those who've been getting these, has there been a consistent engineer working on them?
nope. been all over the place. sometimes just reusing plates, sometimes generic in-house pressing plant cuts. I think Kevin Reeves did one recently and he isn't great. don't think they have ever used any of the top tier engineers (no KG/RKS/Bellman/Bernie or anybody like that).

But it's mastered very well, pressed at Optimal who actually did a good job with it, comes in a poly lined sleeve, and costs like $20 USD.
GO BUY A SINGLE OF MISS MISERY
MISS THIS ONE AND SAVE YOURSELF THE MISERY
linus-both-why-not-both-7jaz2vvyo6zdsiii.gif

I mean, I’m hoping that my XO is in a damaged jacket. That way the whole thing will cost me nothing. However, I am for sure not subbing again after this. May do a one off here or there if they do something else of Betty caliber.

Last edited:
Back