It Could Get A Bit Messi In Here - The Football Thread.

Is Brasil supposed to be good?

Brazil have a pretty average team right now with a sprinkling of magic up front.

Brazil as a national team has an aura that no other does. There is a history of flair and great players and those iconic yellow kits that just speaks to the best of the history of the international game.

Brazil have a pretty average team right now with a sprinkling of magic up front.

Brazil as a national team has an aura that no other does. There is a history of flair and great players and those iconic yellow kits that just speaks to the best of the history of the international game.

I’m well aware of their history, I’m just talking about today.

I’m well aware of their history, I’m just talking about today.

Well that plays into today is sorta the point. That aura created an excitement and expectation around them that means that everyone expects a standard and style from them that they’re not always able to live up to. They’re probably in a period of transition right now, they could be a really top team again in 3 or 4 years if the cards fall right.

Last edited:
Me and my postman (he is Estevi in our fantasy group) were just talking crap about he sat Mbappe and how he can't score at the Euros and then boom.....

You are welcome @Gavaxeman

And yes as record addicts u all should know me and the postman are besties lmao

They should penalize players who are off the field but come back on to get treatment.

EDIT: Hey, they did!

No Trent in the starting XI today
I'm more surprised that there isn't heavier rotation given England are already going through. Watkins, Gallagher, Eze, Palmer....just weird that they wouldn't sit some of their core players and give these guys a runout.

My picks (in order) were Germany, Netherlands, Italy. Spain, England and France all in the mix but a step below. So far, I think I'm mostly on point.
Italy is going to be interesting....They clutched out the goal last minute yesterday but it didnt look like they could actually score a goal majority of the match

Netherlands defenders all wanna play up top but that is their only issue atm

Italy is going to be interesting....They clutched out the goal last minute yesterday but it didnt look like they could actually score a goal majority of the match

Netherlands defenders all wanna play up top but that is their only issue atm
Not using van de Ven more often is kind of insane to me. Spurs player of the year, arguably the best PL signing (only Rice can compete, IMO) and bails out defenses on the break.

Yes tipping a quarter of the teams in the tournament is a safe bet for sure.
Germany are my pick, Netherlands and Italy were the only other teams I think that "could compete." I'm still confident it's Germany's to lose and it's not close.

Back