It Could Get A Bit Messi In Here - The Football Thread.

Germany are my pick, Netherlands and Italy were the only other teams I think that "could compete." I'm still confident it's Germany's to lose and it's not close.

Spain and France were where I was at before the tournament. Spain play the best football and France are solid as hell with the most decisive player. I wasn’t as hot on the Germans going in, I’m never going to be ever tbh, but they’ve played well in 2 of their games.

Last edited:
One thing on the English is that if they win tonight all the slip ups from the bigger teams put them on the opposite side of the draw from them all. It means they probably will have a really boring plodding insomnia inducing run to being well beaten in a final. England fans will become increasingly more painful until they are brought down to earth with a satisfyingly large bump.

Last edited:
No Spain are on that side of the draw too. If England win tonight the run towards a final really opens up fo them.
Yupp just looked. So top remains. Portugal vs Germany in the semis....other semis assuming England wins today will be England vs. Netherlands or Belgium

I think Belgium will play their ass off tomorrow to top the group and run with that momentum

IT'S COMIN' HOME

*can't complete a pass*

IT'S COMIN' HOME

*can't connect on throw ins*

FOOTBALL'S COMIN' HOME!

Belgium feel like they are short. They’re just not the team they were 6 years ago.
They are definitely not playing as good as they should be on paper....Same as the World Cup....I think if Lukaku and Trossard can get a goal tomorrow (not reversed by VAR) they're gonna get going with KDB who looked great last match and be a force.

Their defense is underrated. Wout Faes is a menace

They are definitely not playing as good as they should be on paper....Same as the World Cup....I think if Lukaku and Trossard can get a goal tomorrow (not reversed by VAR) they're gonna get going with KDB who looked great last match and be a force.

Their defense is underrated. Wout Faes is a menace

I dunno. I feel the paper that was written down on has a few discoloured edges at this point. Faes is a bit shit, his positional sense is pretty suspect and Vertogan alongside him must be about 78 by now.

….. not really?
I dunno. I feel the paper that was written down on has a few discoloured edges at this point. Faes is a bit shit, his positional sense is pretty suspect and Vertogan alongside him must be about 78 by now.
Idk watching him play for Belgium I think he is great (they play through him from the back and he has the most tackles/balls recovered every match)....I thought he was a major contribution to Leicester getting promoted.

Maybe the Barcelona hype to sign him has me looking at him different but I think he is solid

Idk watching him play for Belgium I think he is great....I thought he was a major contribution to Leicester getting promoted.

Maybe the Barcelona hype to sign him has me looking at him different but I think he is solid

I thought he was a major contributor to Leicester getting relegated in the first place. He’s always felt like a physical defender who isn’t great positional and has a ricket or two in him.

This system for England is such ass. I love watching England crumble to ash but like....even this is too much for me.

I agree tho I think Debast should start over Vertogen....Belgium just have had a ton of clean sheets going back to their World Cup shambles...Even then the got CS in 2 of the 3 group matches before Morocco shocked them/the world

I agree tho I think Debast should start over Vertogen....Belgium just have had a ton of clean sheets going back to their World Cup shambles...Even then the got CS in 2 of the 3 group matches before Morocco shocked them/the world

The expansion of European nations since the break up of the Balkans and the Soviet Union plus the addition of more micro nations has really diluted the quality of the opposition. There are a lot of dead rubbers in qualification. WC group stages are notoriously poor as well.

Back