It Could Get A Bit Messi In Here - The Football Thread.

This is my point though: Spurs have stuck with the pack while playing Ben Davies at LCB and Emerson Royal at RCB. Their starting CBs are coming healthy again (first time our first choice back line played since the Chelsea game), Dragusin brought in as cover so it's unlikely VDV blows his hamstrings again, Maddison is due back in a game or two. Maddison is statistically one of the most prolific players over the past few seasons in the PL and I think folks are forgetting just how dominant he was to start the year. A front four of Son, Richy, Kulusevski, Maddison with Werner and Johnson off the bench is pretty stacked. Go take a peek at the bench for the last few games and it's pretty much all academy kids. We're basically set to do what Liverpool did a few seasons ago where everyone was hurt then they surged int he second half of the season.

Throw in that we don't have the European games that Villa, Arsenal, City, Liverpool do and it makes a Spurs push all the more likely.

My top five prediction is: City, Liverpool, Tottenham, Villa, Arsenal. It'll be fairly congested among those five too, no blowout win for City like in years past.

The counter to that is a lack of experience at the sharp end and very thin squad under the XI.

I also really have concerns about how many chances you give the opposition in games, particularly if they have a quick inverted winger/wide forward. You’ll drop points because of it at the sharp end against the teams that defend better.

Spurs have been a revelation this season absolutely but i struggle to seem them above 4-6. My money would be: 1. city; 2. Liverpool; 3. Arsenal; 4. Villa or Spurs; 5. The other one and 6. Barcodes. None of that is criticism btw, even 6th given the team Postecoglu took over and football you’ve been playing would be an enormous achievement to build on with transfers and a full pre season next summer.

I don't even know what I would have said that was egregious? Pray tell?

You massively overrate your own team, which I kinda get, but I found it funny just how often you kept coming back given it was clear to me you’d be 4th or 5th at least 15-20 points off the top.

You massively overrate your own team, which I kinda get, but I found it funny just how often you kept coming back given it was clear to me you’d be 4th or 5th at least 15-20 points off the top.
Reading back, I don't think what I said was necessarily that out of line? Maybe it read more forcefully to you, but on my end I'm seeing clear "hedging" language. I said if they can remain healthy (they couldn't) they had the potential to compete. I also made it clear I don't EXPECT that to happen, just that it was POSSIBLE.

Through matchday 32, we were 11 points off first. In the final 7 games of the season, we lost five games (including to Arsenal, Liverpool and City). Had our form against those top three sides been even slightly improved, my statement isn't as farfetched as it might seem.

Either way, I think maybe some of my "Spurs are winning the treble" stuff might have led you to believe I thought Spurs were genuinely challenging for the title.

Reading back, I don't think what I said was necessarily that out of line? Maybe it read more forcefully to you, but on my end I'm seeing clear "hedging" language. I said if they can remain healthy (they couldn't) they had the potential to compete. I also made it clear I don't EXPECT that to happen, just that it was POSSIBLE.

Through matchday 32, we were 11 points off first. In the final 7 games of the season, we lost five games (including to Arsenal, Liverpool and City). Had our form against those top three sides been even slightly improved, my statement isn't as farfetched as it might seem.

Either way, I think maybe some of my "Spurs are winning the treble" stuff might have led you to believe I thought Spurs were genuinely challenging for the title.

No I think it’s more that you kept biting back and wouldn’t let it lie lol. I obviously didn’t take the treble stuff seriously because, lads, it’s spurs.

Going from this slow ass England game to Canada v Peru where there'll be like forty fouls in the first ten mins is going to give me whiplash

Back