It Could Get A Bit Messi In Here - The Football Thread.

Crazy story so I originally ordered the home kit a month ago, but because of a glitch I got it for cheaper than it should have been.. so Adidas just canceled my order. Out of spite I ordered it from Arsenal direct a couple weeks ago. The yesterday I get FedEx tracking from Adidas. Idk how because I was already refunded but sure as shit they shipped my order so now I'm getting 2 jerseys for the price of one

Only thing is they're both Havertz 🤣

Crazy story so I originally ordered the home kit a month ago, but because of a glitch I got it for cheaper than it should have been.. so Adidas just canceled my order. Out of spite I ordered it from Arsenal direct a couple weeks ago. The yesterday I get FedEx tracking from Adidas. Idk how because I was already refunded but sure as shit they shipped my order so now I'm getting 2 jerseys for the price of one

Only thing is they're both Havertz 🤣

That’s perfect.

I ordered a Timbers jersey through the unofficial team store a few months ago when they announced Tillamook as their new replacement sponsor. I paid the authentic price but when it arrived it was missing the sleeve sponsor patches and I emailed them about it. They said they would get one out to me asap. A month or so goes by and I get a package thinking it was something else, but it was the replacement! Didn’t have to send the original order back.

I’ll have to post all my additions. It’s been a busy Portland summer.

Getting ready for the new season!

View attachment 211262
giphy.webp

So with the season starting I still can’t look past city for the title with caveat that if they get punished Arsenal look like the only other team capable.

At the other end I think Leicester and Southampton will struggle, Brentford have been getting progressively less competitive and I think Brighton might get dragged down that way which I’d be delighted with.

Surprise package for me? Palace. I think they could do very well.

So with the season starting I still can’t look past city for the title with caveat that if they get punished Arsenal look like the only other team capable.

At the other end I think Leicester and Southampton will struggle, Brentford have been getting progressively less competitive and I think Brighton might get dragged down that way which I’d be delighted with.

Surprise package for me? Palace. I think they could do very well.

I think with injuries and the lack of roster improvements, I won't be surprised if Leicester gets relegated.

We've got a much stronger and deeper squad than last season, so assuming we don't have every player and their mother injured for the middle of the season, we should be in 3/4 fairly comfortably.

Just shooting off the top of my head, our A and B squads look something like:

Son-Solanke-Johnson
Bissouma-Maddison-Sarr
Udogie-Van de Ven-Romero-Porro

Werner-Richarlison-Kulusevski
Bergvall-Bentancur-Skipp
Spence-Davies-Dragusin-Gray

Not a hard and fast separation, but that's much better than when we got hurt last year and our squads were Emerson Royal at LB, Bryan Gil on the wings, etc.

We've got a much stronger and deeper squad than last season, so assuming we don't have every player and their mother injured for the middle of the season, we should be in 3/4 fairly comfortably.

Just shooting off the top of my head, our A and B squads look something like:

Son-Solanke-Johnson
Bissouma-Maddison-Sarr
Udogie-Van de Ven-Romero-Porro

Werner-Richarlison-Kulusevski
Bergvall-Bentancur-Skipp
Spence-Davies-Dragusin-Gray

Not a hard and fast separation, but that's much better than when we got hurt last year and our squads were Emerson Royal at LB, Bryan Gil on the wings, etc.

Fair enough. It’s good you’re confident in your own team. They haven’t convinced me, yet.

Fair enough. It’s good you’re confident in your own team. They haven’t convinced me, yet.
When you consider Bentancur, Kulusevski, Richy, Timo, Skipp, etc have all been "relegated" down the pecking order, when last year they were all starters, it's a marked upgrade. My major concern is whether we'll get a ton of injuries with all the first half of the season fixture congestion. I think folks forget how decimated Spurs were by injuries last year and STILL managed to miss out on UCL by the thinnest of margins.

When you consider Bentancur, Kulusevski, Richy, Timo, Skipp, etc have all been "relegated" down the pecking order, when last year they were all starters, it's a marked upgrade. My major concern is whether we'll get a ton of injuries with all the first half of the season fixture congestion. I think folks forget how decimated Spurs were by injuries last year and STILL managed to miss out on UCL by the thinnest of margins.

As I say, glad you’re confident. I look at your team and I see talent, I see exciting football, I see some scalps being taken. I still don’t see a challenger. The only thing that can convince me that they are is them doing it.

Back