May 2022 Vinyl Spin Challenge - A Crash Course for the Ravers

Day 25 - The Man Who Sold The World
Play a cover song that may be more well know than the original

Shake Your Money Maker [1990] - The Black Crowes

Definitely in my generation the Black Crowes' version of "Hard to Handle" was more well known that Otis Redding's original. That's probably not the case anymore.

P5260110.JPG

Last edited:
Play a cover song that may be more well know than the original

Shake Your Money Maker [1990] - The Black Crowes
Definitely in my generation the Black Crowes' version of "Hard to Handle" was more well known that Otis Redding's original. That's probably not the case anymore.

View attachment 140462
I will admit that I only found out it was a cover of an Otis Reading song a few years ago, and I was born in '68

Although I wasn't there / He said I was his friend
The Roots – Phrenology
20220526_210824.jpg

Sort of a cover, sort of a rework or remix. The Roots' lead single from Phrenology was a 2.0 version of a Cody ChesnuTT song from his album The Headphone Masterpiece, featuring Cody himself on the hook (and as the opening act with his trio on the Phrenology Tour - which was my first time catching The Roots live!)

The Roots - The Seed (2.0)

Cody ChesnuTT - The Seed

Although I wasn't there / He said I was his friend
The Roots – Phrenology
View attachment 140495

Sort of a cover, sort of a rework or remix. The Roots' lead single from Phrenology was a 2.0 version of a Cody ChesnuTT song from his album The Headphone Masterpiece, featuring Cody himself on the hook (and as the opening act with his trio on the Phrenology Tour - which was my first time catching The Roots live!)

The Roots - The Seed (2.0)

Cody ChesnuTT - The Seed

I should really track down a copy of Headphone Masterpiece

Day 27 - Starman
He’d like to come and meet us / but he thinks he’d blow our minds
Play something sci-fi

Sufjan Stevens Invites You to: Come on Feel the Illinoise

IMG_5703.jpg

The opening track is called "Concerning the UFO Sighting near Highland, Illinois" and the album has had both Superman and Blue Marvel on the cover. Plus Sufjan could be considered a bit out there to some people.

Day 27: Starman
Play something sci-fi

AIR - Moon Safari
2D87DBA4-64E8-45EF-B7B4-9BE366D731B9.jpeg

This is the album that Capt. James T. Kirk would put on his Hi-Fi back in his private quarters while entertaining Spock, Uhura, and whatever alien babe he was looking to bed, while enjoying Space Mai Tia’s that the replicator mixed up for them…or at least it should have been.

Day 27: Starman
Play something sci-fi

AIR - Moon Safari
View attachment 140554

This is the album that Capt. James T. Kirk would put on his Hi-Fi back in his private quarters while entertaining Spock, Uhura, and whatever alien babe he was looking to bed, while enjoying Space Mai Tia’s that the replicator mixed up for them…or at least it should have been.

Great pick!

Back