MoFi UltraDeck / StudioDeck Owners and those interested

I had the super heavy weight. Sold it for the Star Sound Technologies (now Live Vibe Audio) platter ground. https://livevibeaudio.com/turntable-platter-ground/

In A/B testing, the Platter ground had a more open sound. A little bit of splitting hairs, but the difference was there and I didn’t pay much for the platter ground.
Both weights fall into the category of nice to have vs must have in my mind.

For the record, we also tried the audio points under multiple pieces of gear. I didn’t feel that made an improvement over the UD feet. However I was legitimately surprised at the difference they made under the amp. I didn’t buy them for the amp, but I still kind of wish I had.
I have the Super Heavyweight. I think it makes a difference, but I haven’t A/B’d in a while. In any case it looks good on my Ultradeck and I no longer have FOMO about it.

Sometimes when i turn on the studiodeck, it turns off by itself and then when i press the button again nothing happens. Then i have to press it putting my finger across the button and pressing down uniformly. but not harder as usual and it starts up fine. In the beginning rhis used to happen more often.

Anyone experienced this? Is it my inability to press the button „properly“ or is it something wrong?

Sometimes when i turn on the studiodeck, it turns off by itself and then when i press the button again nothing happens. Then i have to press it putting my finger across the button and pressing down uniformly. but not harder as usual and it starts up fine. In the beginning rhis used to happen more often.

Anyone experienced this? Is it my inability to press the button „properly“ or is it something wrong?
My button on the UltraDeck failed early in my ownership and it was replaced by MOFI at no cost to me , but I had to put it in myself . I would reach out to them and see what there response is. I understand that the early version of the button was redesigned due to problems . See my post # 2763 and do a search of the site for more postings on this issue .

I feel that the Super Heavyweight made an improvement on my StudioDeck. Of course slight, it is often the sum of the small improvement. Considering the cost, it isn't just milled into it's shape (Or however it is made). It also gets milled, to hollow it out to be filled by the magical sauce inside. Yes expensive, but there are work cost involved. Aren't the weights made by HRS who make the feet.

Yeah. I’m convince this cart I have, despite cosmetics is an elliptical UltraTracker. I saw the sale and wondered how that changed the trade in value of my upgrading this to the Microline.

It’s on sale through dealers, too. Im thinking of calling Crutchfield where I recently bought the deck. I sent Music Direct and email—they replied back that I needed to fill out the trade in form (w pics etc) to find out how much my couple month old Ultra is worth against the MasterTracker. Weird. Probably a phone call scenario.

Last edited:
Back