Music News / Reviews

I don't know if it's age or covid or whatever but I much more given to soppy sentimentality and I am torn up reading this. Alan and Mimi are perfect strangers to me but in these post plague times, the idea of death just casual taking a swipe at someone you've shared a lifetime with is breathtakingly, grievously alarming.

So my local Radio Station has this weird tradition of spending the summer vacation Sundays by playing topical 100 lists that get elected by musicians, radio host, record execs, record store owners etc (142 people this year) who each create a top ten and the 100 best are calculated from that.
It's year 6 and the topics get more varied, so ii was best 100 songs about the radio yesterday. Here is the list as a spotify playlist, next week is best Songs about sex
Joy division was first this time

So my local radio station is doing this again, here is the first playlist list for this summer : Up North - songs from scandinavia, finnland and island

Robyn won best song, but Björk is ruling the list with 9 entries ( plus 3 sugarcubes songs)

Charli xcx and Billie Eilish team up for a new song called Guess
It's a remix of a song on Brat. There's been a few with other features so far. Probably a remix album coming soon.

Back