Needles & Grooves AotM /// Vol. 13 - July 2020 /// Recomposed by Max Richter: Vivaldi – The Four Seasons

You don’t know what you’re missing out on Nathan, follow my mantra, be more like Paddington...
I'll actually keep it in mind if I go to a teahouse kind of cafe! Like I will grab something with jam/marmalade! I haven't delved into marmalade at all, so I could be missing out! But, it's just not on the brunch menu's and it isn't as nutritious, so it goes under my radar unfortunately!

I'll actually keep it in mind if I go to a teahouse kind of cafe! Like I will grab something with jam/marmalade! I haven't delved into marmalade at all, so I could be missing out! But, it's just not on the brunch menu's and it isn't as nutritious, so it goes under my radar unfortunately!

stop being so bloody hipster and make yourself a brew and a marmalade sandwich out of the loaf in the bread-bin, that’s what it’s all about!

Marmalade with goat cheese :love:
omg Skalap! Take Me With You!!! Oh gosh, I really want to visit France! My brother is going there next month and I can't visit him because of this pandemic 😑

I cannot wait to visit to eat so well when I go to France, and to check out the amazing music scene Paris has to offer! And OMG, I'll be meeting you Skalap! 😁👀🤝😈😍👀🙋‍♂️

Unknown.jpeg

stop being so bloody hipster and make yourself a brew and a marmalade sandwich out of the loaf in the bread-bin, that’s what it’s all about!
No thanks, I'm sorry but it's not good enough if I'm just gonna have it like that! It would be so sweet and the cheap bread wouldn't have a nice texture as well! I think like Skalap, it would have to be mixed in with something savoury like Goats Cheese, as part of a charcuterie kind of thing! Like I'd have it with cheese, not with bread unless it's a fancy place with high ratings - then I'll have it with a scone or something! 😊

What? Like your granny’s old ones that she left you in her will? Might be a bit mouldy...
Maybe Joe 🙃 Who Knows?! Sometimes on the menu it's heirloom tomatoes, cherry tomatoes, sun-dried tomatoes. It's just something I see on the menus when I head out for brunch 🤷‍♂️😂

No thanks, I'm sorry but it's not good enough if I'm just gonna have it like that! It would be so sweet and the cheap bread wouldn't have a nice texture as well! I think like Skalap, it would have to be mixed in with something savoury like Goats Cheese, as part of a charcuterie kind of thing! Like I'd have it with cheese, not with bread unless it's a fancy place with high ratings - then I'll have it with a scone or something! 😊

I wouldn’t have marmalade on a scone, I don’t think that orange or lemon would work well with a scone, either fruit, plain or savoury. Strawberry or raspbeery, maybe even blackberry, jam would be a better fit. And now I said savoury scones and I want nothing more than a cheese scone, I’m going to be thinking of cheese scones all day...

Also soft white bread for making sandwiches or toast is a wonderful thing. It’s only sweet and yucky if you buy cheap shit. Buy or bake better bread is the answer there!

Maybe Joe 🙃 Who Knows?! Sometimes on the menu it's heirloom tomatoes, cherry tomatoes, sun-dried tomatoes. It's just something I see on the menus when I head out for brunch 🤷‍♂️😂

heirloom though? Really? It’s a really weird use of the word. I have seen heritage before, as in the revival of more traditional plant types, but never heirloom, you Aussies are weird 😂

I wouldn’t have marmalade on a scone, I don’t think that orange or lemon would work well with a scone, either fruit, plain or savoury. Strawberry or raspbeery, maybe even blackberry, jam would be a better fit. And now I said savoury scones and I want nothing more than a cheese scone, I’m going to be thinking of cheese scones all day...

Also soft white bread for making sandwiches or toast is a wonderful thing. It’s only sweet and yucky if you buy cheap shit. Buy or bake better bread is the answer there!
I know that over in the UK & Ireland, marmalade would be much more of a bigger thing, than here in Australia! So you guys would have amazing cafe's that incorporate marmalade into their dishes and would have really nice gourmet homemade marmalade jars, selling at some shops! And yes, I also agree that white bread is delicious, it does just depend on the quality. As for scones, I also agree with you! I've only seen raspberry, blackberry or strawberry jam offered with scones (and fresh scream), never a citrus flavoured jam!

omg Skalap! Take Me With You!!! Oh gosh, I really want to visit France! My brother is going there next month and I can't visit him because of this pandemic 😑

I cannot wait to visit to eat so well when I go to France, and to check out the amazing music scene Paris has to offer! And OMG, I'll be meeting you Skalap! 😁👀🤝😈😍👀🙋‍♂️

View attachment 52523

Actually, this mix is Portuguese, not French. Portuguese is better.

Heirloom is a thing here too. Basically craft vegetables.

Yeah I get that, it seems a really bizarre choice of language to me lol! They call them heritage over here, tends to be more traditional variants grown in a craft way rather than mass produced homogenous stuff that’s the same colour/shape/size.

Yeah I get that, it seems a really bizarre choice of language to me lol! They call them heritage over here, tends to be more traditional variants grown in a craft way rather than mass produced homogenous stuff that’s the same colour/shape/size.
So some varieties actually are heirlooms which is why I think it took hold here. Families passed them down for years.

So some varieties actually are heirlooms which is why I think it took hold here. Families passed them down for years.

Ah fair enough, that makes a bit more sense, it still seems like a weird name for a product that you put on a menu or sell in a larger shop though 😂

Larry Holmes, the Easton Assassin, has returned to the music scene, and he's bringing his band, Marmalade, with him.

The band, started toward the end of Holmes' successful career in the world of heavyweight boxing, had been out of commission until last year. Since then, the group has played several area events, including this year's Easton Heritage Day.

Marmalade, fronted by singers Holmes and JoJo Harris, jams through funk and soul classics such as Teddy Pendergrass' "Get Up, Get Down, Get Funky, Get Loose," Ben E. Lee's "Stand By Me," and the Commodores' "Brick House," but also has developed a handful of original songs.

Members' roles:
Larry Holmes -- vocals
JoJo Harris -- vocals
Curtis Green -- drummer, vocals
Eddie Pope -- bass, vocals
Nate Dennis -- saxophone, vocals
James Hummel -- keyboard
Cullen Jurkovich -- lead guitar
Eddie Smith -- sound

SO his band is called Marmalade and it leads to :

And it leads to :

View attachment 52520

(it can also leads to @NathanRicaud but for other reasons)

OMG! If it is the Moulin Rouge soundtrack, I will upload video of my BFF and I lip syncing to the Elephant Love Song in full wedding attire.

There is video but I will do no such thing.

OMG! If it is the Moulin Rouge soundtrack, I will upload video of my BFF and I lip syncing to the Elephant Love Song in full wedding attire.

There is video but I will do no such thing.

Hey @Teeeee, I am @Alexander but since I am a mod I took control of @Skalap profile! I understand you don't want to upload the video and share the link with all the people here but you can send me the link and I promise I won't share!

Back