Needles & Grooves AotM /// Vol. 13 - July 2020 /// Recomposed by Max Richter: Vivaldi – The Four Seasons

Okay look, I know it seems ridiculous on its face, but I can make a lot of this work. Here it goes: 14 clues, 14 tracks.

1."Accidentally in Love"Counting Crows3:08
2."Holding Out for a Hero"Frou Frou3:21
3."Changes"David Bowie & Butterfly Boucher3:22
4."As Lovers Go"Dashboard Confessional3:29
5."Funkytown"Lipps Inc.3:59
6."I'm on My Way"Rich Price3:21
7."I Need Some Sleep"Eels2:28
8."Ever Fallen in Love"Pete Yorn2:32
9."Little Drop of Poison"Tom Waits3:11
10."You're So True"Joseph Arthur3:53
11."People Ain't No Good"Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds5:39
12."Fairy Godmother Song"Jennifer Saunders1:52
13."Livin' la Vida Loca"Antonio Banderas & Eddie Murphy3:24
14."Holding Out for a Hero"Jennifer Saunders3:56

1. Robin Williams introduced the best animated feature award at the 2005 Oscars, for which Shrek 2 was nominated and at which the Counting Crows performed as best song nominees.

2. Miles Teller starred in the 2011 Footloose reboot which featured a cover of Holding Out for a Hero.

4. Margot Robbie is known for playing Harley Quinn, a character who could be described by the lyric " For so long I thought I was asylum bound" from "As Lovers Go."

5. Anthony Bourdain told The Splendid Table in an interview that had he not become a chef he would have been the bass player in a funk band. But he only talked about it, talked about it, talked about it, talked about it...

7. Julia Roberts starred in Mary Reilly, which contains a scene in which Dr. Jekyll teaches her how to prepare...Eels.

Okay it's been a busy day and I'm losing steam and creativity, but I bet if I wracked my brain hard enough I could make more of these work.
3. As punishment for drug abuse, Craig Charles was suspended from his role on Coronation Street, which David Bowie watched religiously to distract himself from his drug addiction.
11. Christopher Walken starred in a series of ads that prominently used Nick Cave's "We So Cool."

Guys, that's 7/14 DIRECT connections to Shrek 2. I'm halfway there.
13. The Eligh & Amp Live song "L.A. Dreamers" contains the lyrics "Now you're Danny Devito's personal assistant" and "Living la vida loca from Echo Park to the Palisades." Also Eddie Murphy is supposedly in talks to join Danny Devito and Schwarzenegger in a sequel to Twins.

Larry Holmes ring entrance music was a disco hit called “No Stoppin' Us Now" by McFadden Whitehead. They were a one hit wonder but had anyone ever covered it or has a link to them 🤔
I Saw this too and really did spend far too long hoping this was the breakthrough track - i found Not one but 2 Xfactor contestants during this blind alley
So tirwd iw. (So tired now)
other notable mentions go out to Alvin and the Chipmunks (strangely appeared twice during my futile searches.
Also nearly as weird Rob Zombies soundtrack to House of 1000 corpses.

I tried.

Last edited:
Back