Needles & Grooves AotM /// Vol. 13 - July 2020 /// Recomposed by Max Richter: Vivaldi – The Four Seasons

when IS the announcement because this was painful in the "i dunno what it is"

Larry Holmes ring entrance music was a disco hit called “No Stoppin' Us Now" by McFadden Whitehead. They were a one hit wonder but had anyone ever covered it or has a link to them 🤔
I Saw this too and really did spend far too long hoping this was the breakthrough track - i found Not one but 2 Xfactor contestants during this blind alley
So tirwd iw. (So tired now)
other notable mentions go out to Alvin and the Chipmunks (strangely appeared twice during my futile searches.
Also nearly as weird Rob Zombies soundtrack to House of 1000 corpses.

I tried.

I also had a look who had covered this song. Best result was Andy Abraham "Remember when". He's a British soul singer and one of those x factor contestants. Got place 2 in 2005 and on his album there's also a cover of "Let's stay together" which was in many movies.
But it's not available on vinyl, so won't work.

I also had a look who had covered this song. Best result was Andy Abraham "Remember when". He's a British soul singer and one of those x factor contestants. Got place 2 in 2005 and on his album there's also a cover of "Let's stay together" which was in many movies.

#letsstaytogethergate

I think we can safely say it’s not Andy the bus driver from x factor series 2...

Larry Holmes, the Easton Assassin, has returned to the music scene, and he's bringing his band, Marmalade, with him.

The band, started toward the end of Holmes' successful career in the world of heavyweight boxing, had been out of commission until last year. Since then, the group has played several area events, including this year's Easton Heritage Day.

Marmalade, fronted by singers Holmes and JoJo Harris, jams through funk and soul classics such as Teddy Pendergrass' "Get Up, Get Down, Get Funky, Get Loose," Ben E. Lee's "Stand By Me," and the Commodores' "Brick House," but also has developed a handful of original songs.

Members' roles:
Larry Holmes -- vocals
JoJo Harris -- vocals
Curtis Green -- drummer, vocals
Eddie Pope -- bass, vocals
Nate Dennis -- saxophone, vocals
James Hummel -- keyboard
Cullen Jurkovich -- lead guitar
Eddie Smith -- sound

SO his band is called Marmalade and it leads to :

And it leads to :

1592470025166.png

(it can also leads to @NathanRicaud but for other reasons)

Larry Holmes, the Easton Assassin, has returned to the music scene, and he's bringing his band, Marmalade, with him.

The band, started toward the end of Holmes' successful career in the world of heavyweight boxing, had been out of commission until last year. Since then, the group has played several area events, including this year's Easton Heritage Day.

Marmalade, fronted by singers Holmes and JoJo Harris, jams through funk and soul classics such as Teddy Pendergrass' "Get Up, Get Down, Get Funky, Get Loose," Ben E. Lee's "Stand By Me," and the Commodores' "Brick House," but also has developed a handful of original songs.

Members' roles:
Larry Holmes -- vocals
JoJo Harris -- vocals

James Hummel -- keyboard
Eddie Smith -- sound

And it leads to :

View attachment 52520

I noticed this to and found a few songs he regularly performs

Brick House
Get down get funky get loose
And one other...

Holmes' Music Channel | championlarryholmes

I didn’t help me much tho.

Members' roles:
Larry Holmes -- vocals
JoJo Harris -- vocals
James Hummel -- keyboard
Eddie Smith -- sound

And it leads to :

View attachment 52520

Mya's performance on Lady Marmalade is so freaking good! Her jazzy-like semi soprano vocals on the song are just perfection! I've always thought Christina Aguilera's vocals were a bit too overpowering for the song, as it takes away the seducing, sassy aesthetic of the song! Lil' Kim's feature isn't the best too, but at least P!nk's feature is really nice! Love her raunchy, sexually charged, yearning vocals! 💃

Oh wait, this post isn't even about the track "Lady Marmalade"! I just assumed you tagged me because you would have associated me with that song and whenever I see the word "Marmalade", I just think of the song "Lady Marmalade"! 🙈 🤪🤦‍♂️😂

Mya's performance on Lady Marmalade is so freaking good! Her jazzy-like semi soprano vocals on the song are just perfection! I've always thought Christina Aguilera's vocals were a bit too overpowering for the song, as it takes away the seducing, sassy aesthetic of the song! Lil' Kim's feature isn't the best too, but at least P!nk's feature is really nice! Love her raunchy, sexually charged, yearning vocals! 💃

Oh wait, this post isn't even about the track "Lady Marmalade"! I just assumed you tagged me because you would have associated me with that song and whenever I see the word "Marmalade", I just think of the song "Lady Marmalade"! 🙈 🤪🤦‍♂️😂

Not marmalade on toast as a weekend breakfast treat?

Not marmalade on toast as a weekend breakfast treat?
No, I'm not into that unfortunately! I don't even have bread that often and when I do, it's when I head out for brunch and there's so much stuff on top of the bread! Like it will have dukkah, avocado, heirloom tomatoes, beetroot hummus, sliced walnuts, chilli mint, Persian feta, and two poached eggs with a herb pesto and other herbs sprinkled around 😂

I don't like the basic sandwich/bread thing with just marmalade/jam! Even with scones, which I usually don't go for, I just like it with a light buttery whipped cream, not with the jam 🤷‍♂️

No, I'm not into that unfortunately! I don't even have bread that often and when I do, it's when I head out for brunch and there's so much stuff on top of the bread! Like it will have dukkah, avocado, heirloom tomatoes, beetroot hummus, sliced walnuts, chilli mint, Persian feta, and two poached eggs with a herb pesto and other herbs sprinkled around 😂

I don't like the basic sandwich/bread thing with just marmalade/jam! Even with scones, which I usually don't go for, I just like it with a light buttery whipped cream, not with the jam 🤷‍♂️

You don’t know what you’re missing out on Nathan, follow my mantra, be more like Paddington...

Just came across this

Scott da Ros "Layers of silence". It features a track called "Larry Holmes deadly stare". 😂🤪
It says "Layers of Silence, the new instrumental release from Montreal’s Scott Da Ros (Triune Gods/Deadly Stare) is a beautifully kinetic tour-de-force". 🤔

Last edited:
Back