Needles & Grooves AotM /// Vol. 62 - August 2024 /// Butcher Brown - Solar Music

It feels a bit too soon to narrow things down by that much, but I'll say it was after George W. Bush left the White House.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Do you not know because you don’t have the vinyl, have never streamed the album, or do not believe your ears are good enough to know?

Do you not know because you don’t have the vinyl, have never streamed the album, or do not believe your ears are good enough to know?

Mostly the last part and I've never done an A/B comparison or anything like that. Or to be more helpful, this is not some kind of Tone Poet-ish audiophile release. It still might sound better than your streaming service of choice, but I don't feel my middle aged ears should be the definitive authority in making that declaration.

It's been a minute since I actually put it on my turntable, now that you brought it up. I should fix that.

As always, your taste in (guessing) music is impeccable. It's not this, tho.

Mostly the last part and I've never done an A/B comparison or anything like that. Or to be more helpful, this is not some kind of Tone Poet-ish audiophile release. It still might sound better than your streaming service of choice, but I don't feel my middle aged ears should be the definitive authority in making that declaration.

It's been a minute since I actually put it on my turntable, now that you brought it up. I should fix that.

You know what I take back what I said earlier, this album fucks on vinyl. I forgot that it's [REDACTED]

Welcome back to another Needles & Grooves Album of the Month Thread. I am your host for this month, NewsFedora. We had lots of fun the last time I guided you on an AOTM thread which was... holy cow four years ago? Good lord, what is going on with the fabric of time. 😩

Err... anyways, things seemed to work out pretty swell last go-round, so I'll stick with my format from back then:

I'm still putting together hints but let's just go ahead and make the deadline to submit guesses/figure it out be July 14. I don't think I'll have that many clues to drop but we'll see how it goes.

First clue will drop on Monday but if you're feeling it, go ahead and start guessing now! See if you can ruin my thread without the benefit of a single clue! It'll be funny! Ha ha ha! Yes!

Hey remember when I just dropped this random video in the OP? That was really random, wasn't it? Could it be a clue? Well... sort of. It's more half a clue than a full clue.

I might extend the guessing for a few more days if no one can get it/give more people a chance to enter the drawing.

ezgif-2-051441b233.jpg
At least one of these bumper stickers is relevant. Maybe more, there's a lot going on here. 😗

Back